Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Restistant URI-Skunkie

Peaches3RN

Cavy Slave
Has anyone's pig had an upper respiratory infection that they cannot seem to cure? Skunk has been on three different Abx's, and yet now that he's been off the last Abx for a month, it has come back. Every morning before I leave for work I have to take a warm paper towel and wipe the dried up snot off his little nose. I'm afraid one of these days both nostrils wlll become occluded and he won't be able to breath. I've changed his bedding to all kinds of different media so it doesn't seem to be an allergy. Can pigs breath from their mouth? DSCF4111.jpg

Peaches3RN

Cavy Slave
A little more info on Skunk: he was found last summer wandering around in a park. He was underweight and had a URI. He also has some issue with his shoulders and neck and I have to give him metacam every night. I keep him away from the other pigs because he is always sick.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.