Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to GPC!

• Thread starter KaileighRussell
  • Start date

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

I finally broke down and got an account on GPC having only been on the forums in GL!

A little about me: I'm a professional working for a Gov't health organization in Toronto. I have a 9 month old cat named Bowyn (Bo/Booger) who was adopted through Toronto Cat Rescue (where I am an Adoption Coordinator).
10367_10152338137190541_1000632565_n.jpg

I also have three Guinea Pig girly goos.

Gatsby - 1 year old Abby. She is my shy girl, who loves to turtle her way through life in her pigloo. She has an absolute heart of gold and is incredibly camera shy.
547336_10151828718810541_1942922958_n.jpg

Ophy (Ophelia) - 1 year old American Short hair. She's my girl - everyone says she looks dumb, but she's so sweet. Her nickname is Loafy, but honestly she's just alright with anything. She is very much a food motivated piggy. She also always smiles for pictures.
36630_10152201412270541_657771224_n.jpg

Finally there is Callie - a 6-7 month old abbyxperuvian mix. She's my newest (and unplanned girly goo), and is loud, demanding and absolutely quirky. At the sight of a lettuce box she popcorns around like she's having a seizure. She also hasn't figured out rumblestrutting (sexy dancing) - so she's just a bunch of laughs.

6963_10152333511790541_663067083_n.jpg

All my girls were rehomed, Gats and Oph together and Callie was a last-minute rehome (the owner wanted to drown her if she wasn't picked up). I believe in adoption above everything else and hope to eventually get to help foster guinea pigs in need :)

So yes, that's me and my girly goos! :) I'm always up for chatting and if you have any questions just message me :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome from me and my 3 girls.
Kuddos to you for adopting. This site has a lot of helpful information and members who care immensly about their pigs. I hope it helps you as much as it's helped me.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This is a great resource for guinea pig lovers :)

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
Thank you!

I also forgot to mention - I have done/do cat transports for adoption as I do have a car in Toronto. If someone is in need of a piggy train in the TO area I'm more than willing to offer up my time/carrier/gas to help people out!

I know that doesn't happen everyday, but definitely keep me as a reference if it's required!

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
We need more people like you in the world! Who could drown a piggie? D;

Gorgeous pets!

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
Some worthless pile of scum. When I grabbed her she was on the front porch in a shoebox and I was completely heartbroken for her. She was dead quiet and just didn't have any spunk. She wouldn't eat any veggies or fruit - didn't know how to eat hay didn't know how to use a water bottle. She was just a little lost piggy. I'm thinking she was a petstore pig, because I had seen a piggy who looked really similar to her in a PJ's earlier - and the owner realized that pigs required, uh work?

I ended up breaking my two-quarantine rule and introduced her to my two girls just because I was so worried about her. She's now the loudest, squeakiest most I'm-making-up-for-lost-time piggy I know. She's the first one out to greet you and she is just a little ball of spunk. She was very little (baby little and a little thin) and so they finally taught her how to eat hay, veggies were good and water bottles keep us hydrated!

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.