Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Congested Possible URI (AGAIN!!) - Probiotic in the UK?

• Thread starter HarleypigsMummy
  • Start date

HarleypigsMummy

Cavy Slave
Good Morning Guys! I think Harley has another URI. He sounds very congested this morning (almost like his nose is clicking? grunting?) and seems to be breathing a little faster than usual. He has an appointment with my vet at 3 o'clock this afternoon. I am taking Memphis with me to the vet to be checked over also.

I presume they are going to be given baytril again... But is there anything else the vet can do for them? Memphis is always sneezy and has clear discharge from his nose (has been like this since the last URI) but has been well otherwise. Harley is only showing signs of URI again today after his cleared up completely last time.

Also, if they do go on to antibiotics again, what is the best pro-biotic to give them? I am in the UK.

If anyone has any experience of probiotics in the UK and any experience of long term URI issues I would be grateful for some advice.

Thanks!
Leanne

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
You can use a fresh dropping from a healthy pig, dissolved in some water & added to food via syringe.
Acidophilus cultures for humans are also fine according to guinea lynx, just open the capsule & give a smaller amount on wet veggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.