Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea Pig Newbie here. :)

Yipeedipee

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

I'm Van from the Philippines. I just recently had a Guinea Pig last Dec. 18, 2012. It was a birthday gift for me from my Bf. The philippines has no rescue shelter for guinea pigs, you can get piggies from the pet store only and from breeders. Pls don't get angry on my bf, he supposedly buy a hamster but the pet store ran out of it so that's why he gave me this sow piggy. After i saw the piggy, it really made my birthday great. I'm lovin' it are soo cute.

Because of this site, i learn things like guinea pigs are sociable, needs bigger space and etc and stuffs like that. So i decided to give my piggy a new friend and better cage.

It's really hard to find a C&C cage here, timothy hays are so rare and really costly. Even it's seeds are soo hard to fine. So i just made my own cage for my 2 piggies. I gave them sometimes fresh grass and dried grass.

Hope to learn more in this forum. God Bless!

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Glad to see you've been looking around and learning and are trying to do the best you can for your piggie.
In general as long as you want to make the piggie/s happy you will find a way to make that happen.

I think there are some old threads by people from the Phillipines that had some good suggestions about supplies and things.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome, I too have learned a lot here and it's a wonderful place to ask any questions you would have about anything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.