Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

G'day from Australia. First timer here :)

becca1584

Cavy Slave
Hi All!

My name is Rebecca and I live in Australia. I'm 19 years old and I've just moved back in with my mum a few months ago after moving out but didn't go the way I wanted. I've been feeling very down since I moved back in, thinking I couldn't do anything right and I'm hopeless with money. I use to own guinea pigs when I was 10 years old and bred them with my older sister as well. But with her going into high school and me going throw year seven there was a lot going on we just didn't have the time anymore. So we gave them to wonderful friends who had younger brothers and sisters who would love them. Since then I've wanted guinea pigs again but just never happened.

This year for Christmas my mum and I visited my sister who lives in the city where I use to live. It was great fun. On Christmas eve I was about to go into my sister's friends room who lives with her and also use to be my room mate, but right away they both screamed at me and told me not to enter. I had not a clue why. We were then all playing a board game that night and suddenly I hear this odd noice, like squeeking. I asked what it was and my sister has the best poker face and said it was something outside. I believed her. On Christmas morning we all came out to open our presents, I was the first to get mine. Next thing I saw was my sister holding two small baby guinea pigs in her hands! I was spoked and speechless. They were both so beautiful and amazing. She told me they were suppose to be girls at first but the lady that sold them to her got it wrong. I don't mind. Two boys is perfect. They are brothers and came from the same litter, I know realised what they were hiding. They were only 8 weeks old so they were just babies.

Meet Rumble

(broken link removed)

Meet Frenzy

(broken link removed)

Both Together

(broken link removed)

My sister also got me a cage for them, along with bedding, food and bowls. She said she forgot the water bottle but I just bought one today. Once I set it up my mum was making a stir fry and had many veges to give them. I had a shower and when I came back I couldn't stop laughing at the amount she had given them, also the way she gave it to them. I laughed and took a picture, then fixed it up for them.

(broken link removed)

Best Christmas present ever!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Their so cute! I also got my piggies as a Christmas present this year. By far the best Christmas so far. :)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! Please PLEASE PLEASE make sure they are both the same sex before putting them together. If the lady had it wrong, it's possible to have it wrong again. When they are that young, it's especially hard to tell.

becca1584

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed): Awesome :D
@(broken link removed): Thanks :) Don't worry I checked as well just to be sure and they are both deficiently boys. Yeah I've had it happen years ago when I had them, can be confusing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.