Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello !

XcuppyX

Cavy Slave
Hi, i am a new member so i don't really know what to type? I am getting a C&C cage soon it should be delivered tomorrow im hoping :)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
That's great! Have you adopted your guinea pigs yet?

XcuppyX

Cavy Slave
yeah i already have 1. I've had her since she was 5 and a half weeks old she will be 5 years in march. Her friend died in dec so she is on her own now :(

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You should definitely adopt her a friend. That being said, welcome and we'd love to see pictures of her :)

XcuppyX

Cavy Slave
yeah id like to but she has been ill lately so im going to wait until she is better if i decide to get another piggy.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Naw, I'm sorry to her your girl is sick. What does she have? What did the vet subscribe for her?

Welcome! Great job on getting a C&C cage. :)

XcuppyX

Cavy Slave
she has a eye ulcer in her right eye so the vet gave us some eye cream/drops to try help it and also I thought she might have diabetes or some kidney problem or UTI because she keeps drinking and eating a lot and peeing a lot as well so we had a urine test done and she didn't have any glucose in her pee so she hasn't got diabetes which is good and she had no blood either. The vet said she had some protein and small crystals but apparently rabbits and guinea pigs have a higher protein level in their urine and that the crystals were really small and its normal for a guinea pig of her age so i don't know whats wrong with her really. Just going to keep an eye on her and thanks i can't wait till i get my cage, its a 2x5 :)

guineaprincess

Cavy Slave
Hey :) i hope your guinea gets better! Just keep an eye as I heard you saying her friend died, I have had a few pigs that after their friend dies they go down hill and get depressed so make sure you give her lots of hugs. I know it sounds weird but I have had a guinea that died after her 2 sisters and mum died and I genuinely believe it was from a broken heart. So give your piggy lots of hugs and kisses :). Xxx

XcuppyX

Cavy Slave
hi :) thanks and yeah i've been paying her a lot of attention now she is on her own and im just keeping an eye on her to see how she goes. Yeah i think they can die from like grief or missing the other piggies cause they get lonely and stuff xxx

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I am sorry to hear she is sick, guinea pigs go down hill fast. My older pig Treenie has been struggling with her foot for a while. She gets better then it will get worse, so we just have to keep her comfortable and wait it out. She doesn't show any signs of pain or distress other than when Penolope decides to be a bully! Sorry for the rant. I'm going to be getting a C&C cage too. Your pig is so cute! Can't wait to see more pics of her and her pal when you decide the time is right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.