Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member and pig identification

Coomanperson

Cavy Slave
Hey all, new to the forms, figured i would introduce myself and my pigs. I have 4 females named Snickers, Oreo, little pig and new pig. I strongly believe names come with time, so that's why we still have little pig and new pig lol.

Just curious about what type of pig snickers would be classified as. She has long hair in the back, and on her face, it grows very slowly, and i wonder how long it will get. I usually trim around her hind legs so she doesn't get pee on it. She's also very large comparatively.
2012-04-21_04-39-03_295.jpg

Read threads all the time, always good stuff.

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
I don't know what kind she is, but she is adorable.

Coomanperson

Cavy Slave
Thank you, and yes she is lol. She just is bigger and fluffier now. I think she is a silk, but all the pictures that i have seen online turn me away from that, I will try and get a more modern pic when i get home from work. she almost looks lion-esque now :)

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
Thank you, and yes she is lol. She just is bigger and fluffier now. I think she is a silk, but all the pictures that i have seen online turn me away from that, I will try and get a more modern pic when i get home from work. she almost looks lion-esque now :)

She might be a peruvian. I have a male pig, Ziggy who is a Peruvian and he has long straight hair and definaltely looks like a little lion.

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
Here is Ziggy
Guinea%20Pigs%20012.jpg

Coomanperson

Cavy Slave
He's awesome looking! How old is he just curious, Snickers is about 8 months old, nowhere near that amount of hair, maybe an age thing.

LitaRutherford

Cavy Slave
If the hair grows back from herhead and i belive does no have a part down the middle then it is silkie, if it grows forward and has a part down the back then its peruvian. Could be a mix as well, i have a Abyssinian mixed with either peruvian or silkie, not sure which. He's fluffy and crazy haired. XD

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome!!

Snickers looks just like a silkie or she could be a mix :)
Are you planning on getting her a buddy?

I have a peruvain mix boy as his hair is all stright about from one of his cream patches as it is curly and just has always grown like that :p

Coomanperson

Cavy Slave
I thought she might be a mix of a sort, just hard to pinpoint the exact thing I suppose. No mating buddy but she has 3 other buddies in the cage, they all get along well. Thinking of adding a C&C (maybe 12, or 8 sqft) onto their already 16 sqft and kitchen.

And thank you, every-time i go to Google a pig question, these forums are always the top hit.

@lita that pig sounds awesome, I have an Abyssinian as well, good mix o' pigs lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.