Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie with questions

plabol1

Cavy Slave
Hi. I am new to owning piggies. I got 2 guinea pigs from 2 different people who could no longer take care of them. I got them as classroom pets. My students love them and they get lots of attention. We started out with a cage that was too small. We have had our piggies for a little over a month and just built them a new C&C cage. They have so much more room. We are going to be adding a 2nd level in the next few days. We are waiting for the coroplast to arrive. My main concern right now is neither 1 will eat veggies or fruits. I have tried different kinds of lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, green orange yellow and red bell peppers, apples....but they won't even touch them. I have continued totry them on several occasions since w got the over a month ago. NO LUCK! They get plenty go pellets and Timothy hay and eat that well....how can I get them to eat fruits or veggies? Am I doing something wrong? Not sur of their ages....but I think 1 is about 7 months old and the other is probably around 1. Should I be concerned or am I just being over concerned? Thanks for your help.

QuietWonderLand

Cavy Slave
I am new too, so the best thing that I could suggest is that you keep the veggies in their cage until they start to wither.

plabol1

Cavy Slave
That's what I've been doing. I keep them in their bowl til they start looking bad then throw them away. I will just have to keep trying. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.