Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here.... Pregnant Guinea Due Anyday...

Kyla Bain

Cavy Slave
Hello, So as I stated I am new here.... I have come online looking for like minded people who Love their Guinea's as much as I do. *(AS much as My Kids and I all Do!!!)*
Anyways, we have a 2 year old female named Pikachu, and a 2 year old Male named Nitro, they decided after two years of being together that they'd have babies.My thought to be neutered male was just holding out I suppose. LOL

ANyhow, Off today to buy a new cage for mom and babies, and Dad can have the old cage. Well until I get my hubby to build a new one for the mom and babies that is :)

Anyhow I hope to hear from you aLl and Learn lots!!

-Kyla

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! Please post pigtures when you can.

I'm guessing that Nitro will be living in a bachelor pad now that you know he's not neutered. Do you plan to keep any of the babies? it would be nice if there's a female to live with Pikachu and a male to live with him. Don't forget to separate the little ones from mom when they're three weeks old since they can make more babies not longer after that point.

cavy_jdas

Cavy Slave
Hello Kyla and welcome!

Are you sure that your female is definitely pregnant and your male is definitely not neutered (since there was something to make you believe he was previously)? Have you had her to a vet to confirm, so you know it's not ovarian cysts or other issues just making her look pregnant? Assuming she is definitely pregnant, do you have a good vet on hand in case there are issues during delivery? The age of your female can be problematic when having a litter for the first time.

It's good to be separating mom and dad now, before birth. You could also consider having dad neutered so the pair can live together again later. If they are a strongly bonded pair, this can be very stressful being apart.

I hope all goes well!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.