Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie - to this forum and to having piggies!

Chritazy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi there! I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself before I start jumping on threads and asking questions. My name is Christie and I've never had guinea pigs before. Last Saturday I adopted 2 female piggies from a local rescue, but was unable to bring them home because one was still on pregnancy watch (the other one had 3 babies since being rescued). I get to pick them up tomorrow and I'm pretty excited. I've been doing a LOT of research over the last couple of weeks. I think I'm on information overload!
lol

Thanks in advance for your patience while I continue to learn!

~Christie~

MissJean

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Glad to hear you rescued and are researching. We love that here! ❤️

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
How exciting! i just got my pair 2 days ago. i hope you post pigtures! :)

Chritazy

Cavy Slave
Honestly, before I started doing research I had planned on purchasing 1 pig at the pet store. Then the more I read, the more I realized that I need two and that they should be rescued. I have had 4 animals in my adult life (2 cats, 2 dogs) and all have been rescued. I wasn't aware that there were guinea pig rescues out there until I started my research.

Megaredize - I don't have any pictures yet (didn't even think about it until after we left the shelter last week). I'll take some tomorrow though! Congrats on your new piggies!

megansmummy

Cavy Slave
Rescue piggies are just wonderful! :)

QuietWonderLand

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site and forums! Adopting your piggies is wonderful, even with them having babies so recently, and the other being n pregnancy watch. ^-^. We would also love it if you could keep us updated and post pics!

peanut.lover

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum !!! PIGTURES PLZZZ

madison45

Cavy Slave
Well I do have to say you are off to an awesome start and congrats on the new pigs post pigtures

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Kuddos to you for rescueing before adopting! I often wish I would have found this site before I found my pigs

Chritazy

Cavy Slave
Here are the girls getting to know their new home. The white one with black around her ears is Leia and the brown/white is Sophia aka "The Princesses". ;)

I think they like their new home. Looked to me like Leia was popcorning (she's only 4 months). I can already tell she's the more adventurous one. Sophia stays hidden more, but she does come out and run around. She'll be 1 yr next month.

I think my dog just wants to play with them. He sure does watch them a lot! Leia has even gone up nose to nose with him. Don't worry, there is a lid on the cage.

Oh! We went out for dinner and when we got home we heard what we thought were happy squeaks like they were welcoming us back home.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.