Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Amazon.com

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Remember that website, http://www.savetoby.com (www.savetoby.com), where the individual planned to kill & eat his pet rabbit if he did not receive $50,000 in donations? Partly in thanks to all of us here at guineapigcages.com, his paypal account was shut down. Paypal also informed other donation/online accounting services of this individual's actions/intentions, so the perpetrator was unable to find another way to collect funds on line.

But this individual did not give up. Since he can no longer collect online donations, he is writing a book called "Save Toby." This book can be pre-purcahsed through amazon.com for $9.95.

Perhaps everyone who participated in emailing PayPal when this topic originally came up could now direction some attention to amazon.com, and hopefull bring an end to this type of emotional manipulation, extortion, and animal cruelty.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
That is exactly what I did ... here is what I wrote:

I am quite disgusted to see the book "Save Toby" by Brian and James (a 96-page paper back from Citadel Press, ISBN: 0806527617) listed for sale by Amazon.com.

This book is authored by the same individual who owns the website http://www.savetoby.com (www.savetoby.com). The premise of this website is that the author will kill and eat his pet rabbit if he does not receive $50,000 in donations.

Originally donations were received through PayPal; however, PayPal received enough complaints about the offensive nature of this site, that the account was shut down. PayPal also wisely shared this knowledge with other online financial service sites, rendering this individual unable to collect online donations.

In order to continue profiting from this offensive material, as he himself states on his website (under the "Updates" section) he has decided to write this book, "Save Toby," and market it on Amazon.com.

I am shocked that Amazon.com would associate with such an individual and support an obvious extortion attempt. Until this book is removed from Amazon.com's website, I will take my business elsewhere, and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I left negitive feedback about it as well.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I am also trying to find contact information from the publishing company, Citadel Press, so that I can complain directly to them.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I haven't found a website yet, but I have found an address. The address is:

Citadel Press, Inc.
3300 Business Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95820

The president's name is Loretta Franzi, and their phone # is [font=&quot](916) 456-6000, and fax # is: [/font][font=&quot](917) 732-2070.[/font]

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
That absoloutly discusted me, I felt sick when I read that. How could someone be so horrible and cruel to that poor bunnny! He is a very evil man!

Last edited:

WendyK

Cavy Slave
I left a comment at Amazon. I am also going to some other lists I belong to so I can spread the word about this - this is beyond awful.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Is there anything people WON'T do these days?! I'm so disgusted by this freak! I left my thoughts with Amazon, too.

Wildjem

Cavy Slave
Went to the link-where do I leave my reply?

cutemomome

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Honestly, I did not understand the purpose, intent and justification for his website. Now, maybe it's because my English is bad, but from what I understood: a man (that needs professional help) that is trying to use emotional manipulation to get moolah out of idiots so that "his friend" Toby lives to see another carrot....???
WHY? And after watching the news video, I was even more confused. You mean that the media actually interviewed and allowed the existence of such a ridiculous (the most polite vocabulary that I can think of now) thing to exist???
Why can't we just buy the bunny?

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
If there even is a bunny to buy. I don't even think this guy has a rabbit. I think he just borrows a friends for pictures.

What on earth can the idiot have to write a book about? How people hate him, or how people treid to shut him down.

All in all 96 pages is a very short book.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Supposedly his book contains pictures and information about the rabbit, along with recipes ... rabbit recipes. Citadel Press is part of Kensington Books ... the website is www.kensingtonbooks.com. Perhaps we can leave feedback with them as well.

twofinepigs

Cavy Slave
I wondered about that, too. Kensington is reputable and I doubt they'd take this one on, and there's no listing of it on their website. The Citadel in Sacramento is a printer, not a publisher, so one could print anything one pleases there - that sounds more likely, although I don't know if they do binding.

Anyway, the two Citadels are very different, and I'm not clear which one is involved.

twofinepigs

Cavy Slave
Oh Lord, it is Kensington, not the Sacramento printer. I'm really amazed. Yes, I would write to Kensington, although if they've signed a contract I don't know what can be done. Still, it seems ridiculous for any reputable house to be doing this.

Sweetywheety

Cavy Slave
*cough* what- a- WEIRDO! He is just freaky.

Sweetywheety

Cavy Slave
He Is A Freak!!!!!! Down With The Freak! What A Sicko!!!!! I'm Going To Barf!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Well, when you're done barfing, please complain both to Kensington Press and Amazon.com.

guineapiglvr14

Cavy Slave
Is this story real!!!!! Toby is soo cute, I want him.

Carissa

Cavy Slave
He doesn't even have enough nerve to show his face.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.