Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternative Ramp Design

Kristine

Cavy Slave
I see a lot of suggestions to use bent grids, this didn't work for me, I couldn't figure out how to bend them as nice as what I've seen here. So instead I came up wiht an alternative that works well for us and I'm passing it on in case anyone else has the same issue bending grids as I did, lol.

I used a vinyl gutter screen/cap as the base for my ramp. I found it at a farm/home improvement store and cut it to size with heavy duty cutters. Then I took a rectangle of coroplast and scored it to that it inset into the raised ridges of the gutter screen with the bent parts of the coroplast standing up as rails. To keep it in place I simply used zip ties (cut holes in coroplast). The tread of the ramp is rubber drawer lining held on with a small binder clip. At the top of the ramp I scored the coroplast so that it bent where it needed to meet the opening and cut perpendicular to the ramp to allow it to bend correctly. The "wings" that were made by doing this help anchor the ramp into place by catching on the grid bars. Its a very stable ramp and I just slide it under the coroplast loft base and fold the wings down and its secure. Its easy to remove to clean as well.

Here is a link to the Gutter Screen I used, its really cheap, easy to work with and its available at a lot of stores: (broken link removed)

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, I'm going to include pictures of it to help illustrate what I'm talking about.

Top of ramp, you can see I cut the ends round as well:
photo(2).jpg

Top of ramp with rubber tread held in place with binder clip, this top part with "wings" is all hidden under loft coroplast base so the binder clip isn't even exposed:
photo(1).jpg

Bottom of ramp showing the vinyl gutter screen I used for the base and zip ties holding it in place:
photo.jpg

And the ramp in place:
newcage4.jpg

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Nice solution. It looks great!

squishycar

Cavy Slave
Wow, nice job!!!

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
It looks great. Very inventive. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.