Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Breeder: The more you buy the cheaper

Pretty Piggies

Cavy Slave
Breeder states the more you buy the cheaper they'll sell it to you. From they looks they are housed in a bucket. (broken link removed)

MommyOfMany

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Makes me sick :sick: Flagged.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Flagged. That's terrible.

CandyApple

Cavy Slave
Flagged. Poor pigs :(

CRISTIAN

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
poor piggies if no one buys them they are going to stay with the breeder in bad living conditions how wonderful

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
Troll, breeder, or both?

CRISTIAN

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
troll? kinda. breeder? i dont think so but my guinea pig is like 60 days pregnant idk if you consider that breeding. both ? i guess if you consider the second answer as breeding

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
i dont think so but my guinea pig is like 60 days pregnant idk if you consider that breeding.

If you put the male in with the female (the female got pregnant on your watch while knowing they're a male and female) then yes I'd call that breeding. But if you got her and she was already pregnant then no.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
So sad. Definite breeder. Definitely flagged.

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Thats disgusting. Why would anyone do that? :(

CRISTIAN

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
too keep population going

CandyApple

Cavy Slave

Where have you been all your life? There's an overpopulation of guinea pigs in the world. That is why we don't like breeders.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave

There is an EXTREME overpopulation of guinea pigs creating an endless cycle of abuse, and if everyone stopped breeding intentionally,
all the accidental litters would keep the population going for a very, very long time.
Once pigs aren't homeless or euthanized in overpopulated shelters, it would be time to responsibly breed again. Now these breeders are very, very rare as genetical testing would be involved, no one would breed for looks alone, and no profit would be made because of all vet costs, care & testing. Still, one in five helpless sows die from breeding.

Read this for more information on responsible breeding:
How to Breed Guinea Pigs
https://www.guinealynx.info/breeding.html

As it is today with the overpopulation, we have no responsible good breeders. They do it for selfish reasons alone.
And ESPECIALLY the one mentioned here. By flagging this ad the breeder won't be able to make money on these poor creatures, risking the sows life. If they can't get rid of the pigs, they are prevented from putting more pigs in harms way, preventing more pigs from living in terrible conditions.

With every intentional litter & bought pig, another pig will die homeless in a shelter because of our stupidity & selfishness. We believe these animals deserve better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.