Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C OK Products?

BadRobot389

Cavy Slave
I know I don't have a Guinea Pig (yet ;D) but I've been looking into making my own cage and I was just wondering if this (broken link removed) is OK to use for the coroplast. And is this (broken link removed) OK to use for the cubes?

Welcome!! the Courrugated sheets seem fine, but I like ones that mean I can do my whole cage using one (I use sheets that are big enough for my girls 3x5 c&c plus high walls) but if that's all you can find then it should be fine...a bit pricey..but fine.
You'd need two (?) to make a 2x3 c&c cage will 3inch in walls one way and 6 inch high ones the other way...I think

The cubes are the right size. :)

Last edited:
Check to see if your store has the twinwall plastic sheets like this:
(broken link removed)

It's the perfect size and cheaper. Not all stores carry it but it's worth a try. I used this for my cage and it's perfect.

Otherwise, yes, you can use those and tape the bottoms together.

You can also check your local sign stores and they often will sell you a coroplast sheet for $20-$25.

I know I don't have a Guinea Pig (yet ;D)

Hehe, I think you were meaning," I don't have guinea pigs yet"..remember they're social animals so at least two is a must! (;

Thanks for the welcome :D Yea I wasn't too thrilled with the price lol But are you saying I'd need two of the courrugated sheets? And just one of those set of 4 storage cubes would be fine?

What size c&c cage are you planning on making? (Whats the biggest you can go? :p)

haha oh yea sorry my bad! I'm definitely gonna get two, I wanna do my best to make sure I do everything right from how many I get to the cages to the food :]

What size c&c cage are you planning on making? (Whats the biggest you can go? :p)

I'm not too sure yet it all depends on where we put them in our house but I was kinda hoping to make somewhat of a big one, definitely one with an upper deck.

Check to see if your store has the twinwall plastic sheets like this:
(broken link removed)

It's the perfect size and cheaper. Not all stores carry it but it's worth a try. I used this for my cage and it's perfect.

Otherwise, yes, you can use those and tape the bottoms together.

You can also check your local sign stores and they often will sell you a coroplast sheet for $20-$25.

Thanks for the suggestion! They actually do have it at a store near me so I think I'll go with these's instead :D

Thanks for the suggestion! They actually do have it at a store near me so I think I'll go with these's instead :D

Great! It will make a 2x4 for sure, but not quite long enough for for a 2x5 unless you added a bit extra on the ends.
You could get 2 sheets for a 2x5 with a 1x2 loft though.
But at $12 a sheet it's affordable!

I like to get coroplast (also called correx at some places) at sign stores because there is usually a variety of colors to choose from. If you order it from Home Depot it's usually white. I did get some that was white on one side and black on the other, but it's not as nice as the usual stuff.

Great! It will make a 2x4 for sure, but not quite long enough for for a 2x5 unless you added a bit extra on the ends.
You could get 2 sheets for a 2x5 with a 1x2 loft though.
But at $12 a sheet it's affordable!

Awesome!! Thanks for all the advice you've been really helpful! :]

OK Products?
I used two sheets of the Home Depot $12 size to build a 2x4 with a 1x2 loft. The piece wasn't quite wide enough to do 6" sides, so they are 4.5" I think, and the ends are 6". I only used about half the other sheet to make a ramp and the 1x2 loft, but I made those sides shorter too on accident (only added 6" not 12" to the dimensions!) I like it though, it looks proportional to the size of the loft. I am using fleece bedding.

View attachment 38856
I used two sheets of the Home Depot $12 size to build a 2x4 with a 1x2 loft. The piece wasn't quite wide enough to do 6" sides, so they are 4.5" I think, and the ends are 6". I only used about half the other sheet to make a ramp and the 1x2 loft, but I made those sides shorter too on accident (only added 6" not 12" to the dimensions!) I like it though, it looks proportional to the size of the loft. I am using fleece bedding.

Wow that's an awesome c and c cage!! :] Definitely gonna keep in mind all the suggestions you guys have given when I go to make mine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.