Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Funny Piggy Behaviour

Alanas

Cavy Slave
I have two examples of funny behaviour the first is that I have built this beautiful big Cavy Cage, and I put a litter box made from a small cardboard box which I cut down and put a box over the top with a hole for a lid, now even though they have this huge cage most of the time they are all cramped up in this litter box, maybe because it's winter and it keeps them warm maybe they just don't want to run and play, I don't know.

My second example involves my Boar named Poppy, (because he popcorns a lot) anyway, I put a beanie in the box for my piggies to sleep in etc, but what do I see when I come home from work? Poppy popcorning around the beanie, then he proceeds to curl up and grasp the beanie with his front paws, and mounts it and begins to (I don't know if I should say it on this site) 'hump' the beanie! Just like a randy dog would! I couldn't believe it! Has anyone else seen this sort of thing? Please post your funny stories.

cossmia

Cavy Slave
What is Popcorning?

Alanas

Cavy Slave
Popcorning is when the poggies jump and twist and it almost looks like they are having a fit or seizure. This means they are very happy.

cossmia

Cavy Slave
Is THAT was Nibbles was doing... thanks!

Alanas

Cavy Slave
That'sokay! Well done on your very happy piggy!~

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.