Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Im getting a C&C cage and need help

Fables_my_pig

Cavy Gazer
hey guys i got a pregnant guinea pig from the pet store someone gave her to the pet store but she is a huge femail and so adorable i had to have her even though i knew that she kinda looked pregnant but I knew i could care for her well. anyways i want to make a C&C cage for the new exspecting piggy babys and after they are more grown i would liketo put a ramp up to another little level i wanted to put it at one of the end i figures the mesurements would be 34X20 but i dont know how wide I shouldmake theramp going up to it and how tall the sides shouldbe anddoes anyone have ideas on what to put down for traction so they can go up and down the ramp

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you want to make a c and c cage for your pig!

You need to keep in mind that she may or may not be pregnant, and if she is, you need to be prepaired for the babies.

If she is pregnant, you may need two cages! One for the males, and one for the females. I would suggest building a standard 2x4 or 2x5 cage for now, and once she has babies (if she is pregnant) going from there.

I do hope she isn't pregnant, for your sake and hers. Pregnancy is extremely hard on them and it's not good.

To answer your question, most users make a bent grid ramp. What you do is take 2 grids, and bend them at a 90 degree angle. Then you use coroplast to cover it. Take a look in the gallery section of the website for ideas.

For traction you can use fleece and towels, uhual pads, non slip kitchen mat, yoga mat etc.

Fables_my_pig

Cavy Gazer
she is due any day :) and two cages set up thank you for your knowlage ; D

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
What size is each cage?

Have you baby proofed?

Does mom have access to unlimited alfalfa pellets and unlimited timothy hay?

The babies will need to be weighed everyday!

I don't want to overwhelm you, I just want to make sure you're prepared.

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
I think
madelineelaine is correct! be prepared!

Fables_my_pig

Cavy Gazer
this is a guinea pig cage site i was wondering about the with of a second level ramp i have birthed many acsadentalpregnant pigs i am vary knowlagable when it comes to guinea pigs thank you but i can take care of my own guinea pig and i can assure you she is in vary good hands along with vary good health thank you for your time

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
@Fables_my_pig

actually, this is a guinea pig forum, we do more then just talk about cages.

We talk about cavy health in general.

The ramp of the width will vary.

I don't know if you'll see this but please reconsider breeding.

Fables_my_pig

Cavy Gazer
im not breeding im sorry but the website is called guinea pig cages .com please reconsider telling pepole how to take care of whats thears.

Fables_my_pig

Cavy Gazer
im sorry but i have had guinea pigs sincei was 12 so i no alot about them and yes she has everything you asked unlimited hay and everything cages are both 2X4 cages sorry again, do you want to be friends?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.