PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie

zoesnana
12-10-12, 02:54 pm
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Felicity and have just joined the forum. I am semi- retired and live in WA state.
My grandchildren have three guinea pigs..two female & one male. They keep them at my house. we are just crazy over the piggies. I want to build them a new cage. Right now they are in three seperate guinea pig enclosures, the kind from Petsmart. The kids take them out and let them play in a playpen area. I have quite a few cubes, and was thinking of building a 2x5 house for them which will sit on top of a 6' desk. I will also build a loft area. What if anything can I use in place of coroplast for the lower floor? Coroplast is quite pricey in my area and I am on a fixed income so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hope to learn lots of new info on here. Oh, I also have a rabbitry and breed Lionhead rabbits.

CavyMama
12-10-12, 02:58 pm
Welcome! Some people use a shower curtain for the floor of the cage and lay down loose bedding over it. Do the pigs all play together? If that's the case, is the male neutered?

Wildcavy
12-10-12, 02:59 pm
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see pigtures!

RubyRain
12-10-12, 03:57 pm
Check your Home Depot-mine carried a large sheet of coroplast type material for just $12. It was in the section with plexiglass.

zoesnana
12-10-12, 05:17 pm
OK thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

RubyRain
12-10-12, 06:36 pm
Here is the link to the sheet:
72 in. x 36 in. x 5/32 in. Twinwall Plastic Sheet-COR-3672 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202771364/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=corrugated+plastic&storeId=10051#.UMZ_0nfheSo)

You can put your zip code in to see which stores in your area has it in stock-very helpful!