Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing myself and my little pig

danitxo

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone,
We are a couple from spain and after some months reading in this forum we want to introduce ourselves and our guinea pig named Buffy, a small and lovely animal.

A few months ago we were asked to take care of a guinea pig for a week. When we went to pick up the animal it was giving birth 3 pups, so we took home all of them. Finally 2 of them found a home and we made a place for the third one and constructed a cage for it.

It was very small compared with the other 2 pups but Buffy is growing up healthy.
Here are some pics of Buffy and a funny video

[video=youtube;ij3sqVzPEFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij3sqVzPEFk[/video]

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/2012jun70.jpg/
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/buffy640.jpg/

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us and researched before getting your guinea pig. I think it really helps owner and piggie get off on the right foot! Buffy is lovely!

danitxo

Cavy Slave
Thank you!
Yes, it really helped us a lot reading information in forums to give the animal a right cares. We knew almost nothing about guinea pigs in that moment so we had to find a lot of information and we are still trying to know more things about them.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Buffy is so cute! I love the video of her doing popcorns. She must be so happy, to be popcorning so much! This forum is an amazing source of information.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Pretty pig, she has a cute nose :)

danitxo

Cavy Slave
It's been weeks i don´t see her doing that kind of popcorning, now is more like standard popcorning. Probably its getting too big to do that, but she is still funny. :)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
It's been weeks i don´t see her doing that kind of popcorning, now is more like standard popcorning. Probably its getting too big to do that, but she is still funny. :)

Alot of them grow out of popcorning, but not necessarily totally.
My big pig Percy (4lbs) still popcorns now and again :D

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
Very cute pig! Welcome to the forums. :D

danitxo

Cavy Slave
Alot of them grow out of popcorning, but not necessarily totally.
My big pig Percy (4lbs) still popcorns now and again :D
Good to know. I hope she will popcorn for a long time. I bet she will do it, she is so nervous :D

danitxo

Cavy Slave
I just modified her cage. It was made with a tv table with wheels that i didn´t use. It´s easy to clean.

It´s not too big but the piggie go out of her cage whenever she want. She spend more time in a blanket in the living room.

I hope you like.

[video=youtube_share;IhhMAJ9KVds]https://youtu.be/IhhMAJ9KVds[/video]

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
I commend you on your clever cage idea. Honestly, it would be awesome for a syrian hamster. I would love that for my syrian.
But it is much too small for a guinea pig. Much too small. With that corner house she doesn't even have a clear open space to run around.
If she was free roam ALL day and only went in there to eat and sleep at night, then maybe.

danitxo

Cavy Slave
She is free ALL day

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Cute piggie . I would cover the wire door while the it's open regardless if she uses tunnel to go up and down because could get a little paw stuck if for whatever reason she doesn't use the tunnel.

danitxo

Cavy Slave
In the beginning, i had the wire door covered but there was a problem. Buffy was always hiding under the door and pissing all over there. Now that i moved the cage to the kitchen it wouldn´t be a big problem if she pee there, i could try covering it again. Forunatly she has fear of walking in the wire and always wait till i put the tunel. That´s how it was before.
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/img0014fx.jpg/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.