Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ratties Mouse not rat but please HELP!

NewAtThis

Cavy Slave
Ok, I was at my aunts house and she found a baby mouse in her bath room sink thins mourning! It is really tiny his eyes are opened and he in very shy but I dont know what to do! I put a few pieces of bread in and a bottle cap of water! Can someone tell me what they eat! Please and Thanks!!!
New At This!!

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
I would search wild Mouse on the internet. I know that pet mice eat nuts and pretty much everything but I am not sure about wild ones.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Mice are omnivours. They will eat anything.

You shoud get the little guy into a safe cage (no bars at this young an age). Even a deepish rubbermade tub will do for now). Put bedding in the cage and lots of hiding spaces...toilet and paper towel tubes will do.

Give him a mix of Guinea Pig food and if you have a dog some dog food (cat food will work), so will bird seed. A shallow dish with water will do for now but a water bottle will be best...a small one for his little mouth.

Be quiet and patiant. He may never become tame but perhaps you can keep him alive long enough to relocate him. Good luck.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
My neighbours found a little baby mouse once.
They put him in an icecream container and put a milk cap filled with, you guessed it, milk and put some warm towels in there.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
The Magic Taco said:
My neighbours found a little baby mouse once.
They put him in an icecream container and put a milk cap filled with, you guessed it, milk and put some warm towels in there.

Did it live?

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Let's just say the dogs got to it before they did...
Once again, not leaving much to the imagination.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
I think that it could have lived but their dog... Ya know.
The same dog killed one of their guinea pigs yesterday. Poor Genevieve was so sad.

Uh oh... That makes me think of what I did yesterday... I feel terrible.
A couple of weeks ago, one of their pigs escaped and JUMPED off the BALCONY. GG wasn't supposed to know but when she said to me yesterday,
"Have you heard about the guinea pig?"
I said "You mean the one that jumped off the balcony?" Because I thought she just found out but she went...
"WHAT???"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.