Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Another Facebook/Craigslist Breeder

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I just saw another post about a Facebook breeder so I thought I'd sbare this. Found it on Craigslist first, breeds rabbits and guinea pigs.
(broken link removed)

He also 'adopts and rehomes', I guess.

(broken link removed)

I really had to read that page to find out he was breeding. Finally found that he/she sold his stud so many posts down. Does he/she still breed? Looks like most of their work is rehoming animals that come in - which is a noble cause (the re-homing animals, not breeding!), and it looks like they're in a clean/healthy environment from the few pictures I've seen, I might have missed something though. I really hope they changed their focus (stopped breeding, only fostering and rehoming animals without homes).

I too had a hard time finding anything to do with breeding.

Yeah it's breeder.

I was confused at first because I saw c&cs on the facebook page. And then I realized I could see at least 2 or 3 pigs in a 2x2. Sort of like a close but so cigar thing right there. The cages have toys and good bedding but are just too small. He also mentioned selling one of his studs in another post.

I contacted him because I was going to adopt a girl from him a while back, he let me know that he rehomes and breed. Also during Halloween he put up a 'Halloween Special' With about 6 guinea pigs in a plastic tote. Most likely was just for the picture but he definitely breeds.

I posted a comment with a link to a fast petfinder search for his area (well 100 miles around his area). I hope he doesn't just delete but looks at what I wrote.

On the Facebook page?
I posted a comment with a link to a fast petfinder search for his area (well 100 miles around his area). I hope he doesn't just delete but looks at what I wrote.

I found/liked the post, lol.

He commented:

"Erin I 110% agree With you,Ive resently realized i dont need to breed in order to keep my rabbits, The reason I started this was so i can keep my rabbits without going totally broke, but resently I've been saving so many rabbits i stopped with babies. I will differently look this up thanks!"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.