Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newbie Alert! LOL!

ravenlotus

Cavy Slave
Hey all! I am DD Ravenlotus, I just adopted a Guinea Pig today. I have read up on them and I am anxious to get to know more. My pig is sweet girl named Linny. My 4 year old daughter named her after the pig on Wonder Pets. She is black with dark brown stripe down her back. I will try and get pic of her tomorrow. I am really glad there is a place like this so I can learn all about these sweet creatures.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Yes, pictures are always wanted!

Are you planning on adopting another girl? They're very social animals. :)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Hey all! I am DD Ravenlotus, I just adopted a Guinea Pig today. I have read up on them and I am anxious to get to know more. My pig is sweet girl named Linny. My 4 year old daughter named her after the pig on Wonder Pets. She is black with dark brown stripe down her back. I will try and get pic of her tomorrow. I am really glad there is a place like this so I can learn all about these sweet creatures.

Welcome to the forum! There isn't alot you can't find out here, but most people here are willing to answer any additional questions you have :D

Welcome! Yes, pictures are always wanted!

Are you planning on adopting another girl? They're very social animals. :)

+1 they are normally very social - they like to live in pairs or more, as their ancestors moved around in herds in the wild :)
Although, some pigs do like to live on their own you don't really find this out until you see what they are like in a group

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@CourtArtanis I personally believe no pigs like to live alone. If they do not get along with other pigs in the cage, then they will still benefit from being besides another pig in another cage; that way they can still talk, smell and see another pig but not fight.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
@RodentCuddles - I've met pigs that don't even like to be within several feet of another (different cage or not). Each pig is different, you can only follow patterns or trends - but, you will always get that lowly pig that breaks the rules xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.