Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C I'm Happy as a Piggie with fresh veggies.....

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The money was saved,
While the months where gone,
I needed a C&C,
and finally it's DONE!
Welcome Darwynn and Juarez to their multi-level Brand new, zipped tied together C&C cage!
It's a 2 x 3 with a 2 x 2 second floor! It's the most amazing thing I've done. I am very proud.
Now, without further ado, Here it is!

Piggy2 (2).jpgPiggy2 (6).jpgPiggy2 (7).jpgPiggy2 (8).jpgPiggy2 (9).jpg

Aisteraina

Cavy Slave
:cheerful: Congrats! The cage also looks really nice! lol

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on finally getting the cage you wanted!

I liked your poem too.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your piggy castle!

You're gonna have to try fleece though-all the aspen bedding is going to break the bank ;)

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Congrats on your piggy castle!

You're gonna have to try fleece though-all the aspen bedding is going to break the bank ;)

Well it's not aspen. It's old phone books, shredded. It's really cheap. comes in a bale sized amount, packed, for 8 dollars. My parents won't let me try fleece, they think it will stink too much. :(

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Well it's not aspen. It's old phone books, shredded. It's really cheap. comes in a bale sized amount, packed, for 8 dollars. My parents won't let me try fleece, they think it will stink too much. :(

If made right, fleece combinations are alot cleaner than any commercial bedding you could buy :)
Shredded paper will start to stink in a matter of days. Paper also goes mouldy and damp, which is bad for the piggies and also smells :(

ih8rttea

Cavy Slave
Love it! I also use whatever cardboard boxes I got on hand for hidey homes and such :) If you got one of those round oatmeal containers, you should totally use that for a tunnel.

Also, maybe you can do a test trial with the fleece? Do one floor fleece and the other bedding! As long as the fleece is prepped and you got a really good absorbent material underneath (UHaul pads, puppy pads, even towels), it'll work really well and be cheaper in the long run. You can do the research in the fleece forum and hopefully convince your parents to do the trial at least. Good luck!

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
It'd also be alot cheaper as well, the only bills you'd have to pay are for the extra detergent to wash it with :D

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
@lissie
I'm going to make the sides taller with some extra Coro. I know they are not safe, but I am not going to take them back. I will cover them in Coro. then they will be safe.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
@lissie
I'm going to make the sides taller with some extra Coro. I know they are not safe, but I am not going to take them back. I will cover them in Coro. then they will be safe.

IF you have any spare, You can also slide other 8x8 grids across the outside of them, so it blocks off the big grid squares, but not the light - then tie them down with cable ties :)

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I also noticed that you have the 9x9 grids on the roof. You could switch those out with the 8x8 grids that are on the sides and it would at least eliminate a few of the dangerous grids being on the sides.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
I also noticed that you have the 9x9 grids on the roof. You could switch those out with the 8x8 grids that are on the sides and it would at least eliminate a few of the dangerous grids being on the sides.

Lol, magic - i never thought of that. So simple too :expressio

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Will do. Talked to my parents, they got mad at me because I talked to them about fleece. they think it will stink up quick, and won't even let me try it for a day. :(
Oh well, the bedding is really cheap.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.