Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to guinea pigs

Lot0kids

Cavy Slave
Hi we are new to guinea pigs. We bought two male babies yesterday. Currently have the tiny guys set up in a prefab store cage foe small animals that has the loft. I can see from ready they will need more room then that. I bought the bedding for them but am lobbing the idea of fleece.

My daughter has a closet that is 3x8 with door openings that are 4 foot. She doesn't really use that closet because she has a big one in her bathroom that she has all her clothes in. My thoughts were to take off the doors and our the C@C type caging at the opening and put the corplast on the floor that would make a great habitat.

Please give me your thoughts on this idea.

Thanks,
Lotokids

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
My first bit of advice is to double check to be sure they are both boys ;) DO NOT trust a pet store to tell you the sex.
This forum has all the info you will need, read as much as you can to learn about cages and food needs.
I think the closet idea sounds good as long as there is enough air flow.

Lot0kids

Cavy Slave
I bought them for a vet. Double checking the sex is a good idea and I was planning on it but I sure hope the vet knows what they are talking about! ;)

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Oh good, a vet "should" know but stranger things have happened.... LOL

cavyqueeeen

Cavy Slave
I think the closet space would be perfect. I have always wanted to do that with my closet (about the same size as yours) but I have lots of stuff in it so that wouldn't work. But it a very good size for 2 piggies. and it also keeps the cage out of the way for cleaning and things such as that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.