PDA

View Full Version : Fleece Zorb as absorbent layer?

Thiderem
11-28-12, 10:23 am
Does anyone use Zorb as the absorbent layer under the fleece? I have some leftover from making diapers and was wondering if anyone had luck with it?

CourtArtanis
11-28-12, 10:33 am
Does anyone use Zorb as the absorbent layer under the fleece? I have some leftover from making diapers and was wondering if anyone had luck with it?

Zorb? Do you mean megazorb?

lissie
11-28-12, 11:20 am
Zorb works great. It's quite pricey, but since you have leftover, you should try it.

If you need more absorbent layers, uhaul pads work equally well, and much cheaper.
U-Haul: Moving supplies: Furniture Pad (http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Protective-stuff/Furniture-Pad)

lissie
11-28-12, 11:26 am
Zorb? Do you mean megazorb?

Zorb and Zorb II - Fabrics (http://wazoodle.com/index.php/fabrics/super-absorbents.html)

CourtArtanis
11-28-12, 11:29 am
Ah right, US thing xD

Thiderem
11-28-12, 12:01 pm
Thank you! I'll give it a shot.

BedfordCavies
11-28-12, 12:01 pm
I made a new fleece liner this past week for my cage with a zorb inner layer. I think it is amazing and can't wait to make more. I also made pillows for my girls to lounge on and they love them. 3764137642

Thiderem
11-28-12, 01:39 pm
Oh my goodness I love your cage! What a great idea to use stools. Is that a bent cube section creating that tunnel?

BedfordCavies
11-28-12, 02:50 pm
Oh my goodness I love your cage! What a great idea to use stools. Is that a bent cube section creating that tunnel?
Thank you. Yes, it is a bent cube section with fleece woven through the grids to give them cover.

spy9doc
11-28-12, 03:41 pm
Interesting way of making a grid tunnel! lol Probably more work than mine:37648

cavy_jdas
11-29-12, 09:29 am
I use Zorb, and it's great. I just purchased another 10-yard bolt from Wazoodle (5.50/yard). This time I am going to sew my absorbent layer separate from the fleece. I use PUL on the bottom, Zorb in the middle and this time instead of fleece I am trying a thinner flannel for the top of the Zorb. I'll then place a double-layer fleece on over that, sewn separately. I am thinking that I can then flip the fleece or swap it out easily on days when the whole lining does not necessarily need to be changed. I guess we'll see if it works or not :)