Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

please do not ban...

PigGranny
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
PigGranny said:
You may notice I am on the same computer as a former member that was banned. I am not that member so please do not ban me. I am their mother and have come here to learn a little bit about C&C cages. Please give me a chance.
From what your child said you don't have much interest in doing what is right for the guinea pig you bought, after we strongly pushed towards adopting instead and even located several adoptable GPs in your area.

Alfie also said you will not drive even 20 minutes to get cubes, look for coroplast providers or even attempt to build a proper cage or research a proper diet.

So I have to ask. If what Alfie said is true why are you here? If none of this said about you is true then you need to have a serious talk with your child.

PigGranny

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
My questions are:
1) Are you going to take the ultimate responsibility for the life of your daughter's pig?
2) Are you willing to provide proper housing for this pig?
3) Are you willing to provide proper pelleted food, good hay and veggies for this pig?
4) Are you willing to adopt a same sex buddy or altered buddy for your child's current pig?

The last 3 are things we tried so very hard to explain to alfie. She didn't seem to want to listen to our advice, got rather rude with us at times and kept saying that this or that pig wasn't good enough and that she wanted to buy one at a petstore. We tried to explain to her why adopting is so important vs. buying a pig at a petstore. We also explained about diet and housing.

C&C cages are so very easy to build and so much cheaper than petstore cages.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
PigGranny said:
I see well I can explain some of this. I had recently started my new job, while still working at my old job. We were going on vacation in the next 3 days and my work scuedule was very busy. I could not make it there in time, also considering we never knew that you needed an actual cage not just a bin or something before we have made lots of progress.
I guess now I need to know what in the world the big hurry was to get a Guinea Pig? If your family is so busy why not take a little time a do things right. If your daughter was telling you about C&C cages and adopting a GP as an adult you should have realized that there was a little more to this then just buying the animals and dumping it into any old bin or cage.

You went out and hurridly bought (instead of adopting) a living breathing creature that can feel pain, fear and neglect. You did not buy a new vase. Animals are not disposable objects to buy on a whim ther require and deserve a commitment and a reasonable responsible owner.

PigGranny said:
I asked "Alfie" and she said that she never said that we didn't research a proper died.
It's obvious you didn't research because the food and hay you are feeding is low quality crap.No one needed to tell us that. We only had to hear the brand names.
PigGranny said:
Also those guinea pigs that you located which were shown to me didn't seem that close.
You could have found ones closer if you could have been bothered. Animals are not items. They are horribly treated by breeders, brokers and pet shops. If you failed to notice animals shelters and rescues are full to overflowing. The last thing this world needs right now are more animals being bred so that you can drive a half an hour less.

There are people on this forum that have driven 10+ hours to adopt a GP. They did it because they really care about animals. I'm not saying you should do that but wouldn't it have been worth it to have taken a little time and driven a little further to save an animal's life instead of grasping like a child at instant gratification?

You are an adult (I'm still not convinced you are by the way) you should be more responsible. Your child will learn how to treat the world through you. You need to set a better example.

PigGranny
PigGranny

Angelpig

Cavy Slave
Just to note, I've driven several hours to rescue pigs that weren't mine, and one's I was not going to keep. I transport pigs for a rescue. I am in the middle of two states, and I drive to one state, pick up a pig, drive back through my state and drop the pig off at the rescue in the next state, just for the love of pigs.

My point is, that the people who really make a difference in the life of cavies are willing to drive or wait awhile for the love of pigs. For different reasons, I once had to wait a month for a pound to release one of my pigs, it was worth the wait, I called the place every day, as opposed to driving 20 minutes to the pet store and getting a piggy in 1 minute. I also had to talk another pound into releasing one of my pigs. The lady was quite strict and I had to explain to her for an hour why I'd be a good owner. I update her with photos. These are the kinds of things that a person would go through if adopting a child, and it is similar in a way, it's just a good feeling to know you've helped these homeless little piggy wiggies as opposed to icky pet store buying.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
1) If my daughter ends up not being able to yes.
I have a problem with this answer. YOU as the parent are responsible for not only your daughter, but ultimately any pets your child has. It's YOUR responsibility to make sure this pig has what it needs and that it's fed by your child, the cage cleaned by your child, etc.

Here are some great links to read over if you haven't seen them already:
https://guinealynx.info/nutrition.html
https://guinealynx.info/healthycavy.html
https://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

"Alfie" kept saying she wanted a pig to replace the other pig she had. There is NO pig out there that can be a replacement. They all have different personalities. There is no guarantee that even had she found one that looked exactly like her other pig that the new pig would have the same personality or temperment.

PigGranny

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry Alfie....,

We are done playing along with you. I'm sure you think we're a bunch of twits and you are having a good laugh. Sorry to disappoint, but you are banned. Again.

I'll give you an A for effort, though. This was probably a good exercise for you. Good learning experience. Definitely a reach to try to think like an adult, a parent.

And in consideration of that, I'm putting you on 6-month ban rather than a permanent ban. By then, hopefully you'll have learned more.

I'm not going to list how we know, lest you try it again. Just rest assured, we know.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Fooled me for about a day....

Don't they get it? Geez. What a waste...

God forbid I ever get banned but if I do, I won't come back trolling..

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I am a twit. I just posted on the one thread my views on parenting. I susupected it was alfie, but I figured, just in case this person was the real deal, that I should put my two cents in.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
I'm guessing it was her spelling and temper that definitly gave her away. But that's just a guess.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I just don't understand this. There were times where my hubby and I did not want to travel far or not far to get some guinea pigs that are in need. WE have done it. We also just drove 5 hrs to Ohio and 5.5 hrs back home because we wanted to get a flemish giant rabbit. This person was the only one that had them that we wanted. Or we could have waited until whenever for someone around us who has the flemish we wanted. Tell you what it was worth the trip and we had so much fun.

My friend Jen came with us and she got 2 flemish giant as well. We laughed and made the trip fun not serious. Lighten up for those of you that think 1hr is way to far for a guinea pig or 2. I have 16 guinea pigs of our own and 3 are fostered out. I would do anything to help as much as possible.

ambernear

Cavy Slave
AngelsCavies, I agree completely. This Sunday I'm driving over an hour to check out a great shelter and I could not be more ecstatic. I've got a friend to come along with me and look at cats and we're going to have so much fun. I feel like the longer the drive, the more you get to draw out the excitement and happiness of getting a piggy and making his or her life amazing. Plus you get the benefit of knowing you're making a big effort to support a great organization, rather than just heading over to PetCo or something and rewarding them with your money for their horrible practices. Ick.

jungleking

Cavy Slave
One thing I noticed was that she said that she was between 2 jobs how much time would she have to travel to look at pigs. Maybe she only had a couple of hours to get ready togo to her other job. Then again maybe some people like driving 5 or so hours at night to wake someone up at 3:00 am to look at there pigger they have up for adoption just so they can get to work in the morning. But thats just me talking out loud with a health condition who can't travel far because of it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.