Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Maddiystic

Cavy Slave
Hello! I am new here. I'm from Canada!! I am a mommy of two piggies-- Sadie and Kiwi. Sadie is a long-haired, pleasantly plump chestnut (Orange) and Kiwi is a slim, short-haired black and white with one chestnut strip between the black and the white just on her hind end. I love them to bits! I got them at the SPCA (Humane Society) back in April of this year, and they were 2 and a half years old (what they said, anyways). Before these guys I had 2 hamsters at different times. In my family, we have: 2 dogs (Maltese, Black lab), 1 bird( we used to have 2 budgies but one passes ~1 1/2 months ago), 1 cat (A black one and a 22 year old tabby-- but the tabby passed yesterday), 2 guineas, and 1 chestnut mare. We also have a habit of feeding peanuts to ~20 squirrels and 1 or 2 blue jays. ....We're not crazy at all, I swear... I'm glad to join this community.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you. Please check out all the great threads for all info the the health and care of girls.
Check out the diet/nutrition thread for a great chart on all veggies/fruits the girls can have and when.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here for your and your girls.

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Of course your not crazy...

Shame to hear about the tabby, hope your alright. :love:

Maddiystic

Cavy Slave
We are okay, thank you though. I have checked all these out and will use them when the time is right! I love my little ladies-- but don't we all?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Fellow horse owner here. I have 2 chestnuts. 1 old mare and 1 old gelding. I think I have a thing for chestnuts, but I have a soft spot for paints. What riding discipline do you do with your horse? If you have any cavy questions we'd be happy to answer. Also, be sure to use the search bar in the top right corner; mainly times your question is a very popular question.

Maddiystic

Cavy Slave
Thanks. Our chestnut Darling is the likes of a schoolie-- basic commands, no specializations. Our family has not been riding forever, so she is perfect for us. My sister taught her to jump at age 14 this past summer. How about you?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.