PDA

View Full Version : Fleece New liner attempt

Kritastrophe
11-23-12, 08:36 pm
I sewed a new liner for my 2x6. I think it looks alright for my first attempt. Also rearranged a few things in the layout. Anyone have some tips about sizing? I used the base as a guideline but I think I stretched the fleece a little while I was sewing because every single side ended up a little longer than I intended. Even used pins to hold it before I started.

MommyOfMany
11-23-12, 08:49 pm
Very cute!

Kritastrophe
11-23-12, 09:08 pm
Very cute!
Thanks! I just wish I could have gotten it a little more snug, but for a first attempt at a liner I think it could have been way worse than being too loose/big. I'm still looking for ways to get it more snug for my next liner. :)

MommyOfMany
11-23-12, 09:41 pm
I think it looks professional! Whatever works, it might be good to make a pattern out of newspaper or something :)

Paula
11-23-12, 09:43 pm
I think it looks pretty awesome! If I were going to attempt sewing myself I definitely wouldn't be brave enough to make sides that fit around the edges like that - it would just be a flat pad, ha! Great job, and great choice of fleece too, I got both of those too!

Kritastrophe
11-23-12, 10:35 pm
I think it looks pretty awesome! If I were going to attempt sewing myself I definitely wouldn't be brave enough to make sides that fit around the edges like that - it would just be a flat pad, ha! Great job, and great choice of fleece too, I got both of those too!

I think it looks professional! Whatever works, it might be good to make a pattern out of newspaper or something :)

Thanks, the edges weren't that hard to do. And thank's for saying it looks professional!

lifesvr7
11-23-12, 11:04 pm
Looks great. Im too scared of wasting fleece and havent even tried yet. What measurements die you use? How tall are your sides? I need to try one for my 2x6 eventually. Maybe its a good thing its a little too big in case the stitches tighten up and the fabric shrinks a bit more in dryer now that it is sewn together. Want to practice some more and send the practice ones to me?? :D

boofp
11-23-12, 11:39 pm
awesome, at least yours is longer, mine always end up shorter lol, of course Im a dummy and forget to wash the fleece first before I sew it. I think its because im so excited to get new fleece and i skip the washing step lol

Kritastrophe
11-24-12, 12:37 am
i washed it before i cut and sewed it together so i dont think it will shrink any. :( as far as measurements go i used the base of my coroplast and then did 13inches for the sides so i could flip it over my 6" sides and tuck a little under it. my husband was surprised i could sew so now he wants me to make a 3x10 cage counterstrike map for them, which made me want to do a halo 2 themed cage like gulch, with a red igloo on one side and a blue igloo on the other with the cave being their kitchen. yea, we are nerds. it ended with me saying "with three cages we are going to need to rescue four more guinea pigs" and him saying "cant we just connect all three in our living room and just spoil our two" what a crazy day! ha ha.