Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids A great toy to put in your cage!

BlueberryMuffin

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Everyone! I wanted to share a great cage accessory because I love it, and it is soo much cheaper than those $20 sewn fleece tunnels.

Take one of your extra grids, bent it so it's the shape of a mountain, Ex: ^ Then, put a book cover, or wrap a small piece of fleece around it, and there! Its a fancy tunnel!

Picture: Screen shot 2012-11-22 at 6.44.27 AM.png

From,
~Warner

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
I made one of these and my girls absolutely LOVE it! Just make sure to buy the jumbo book covers (from Walmart) because the smaller ones don't fit.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
How creative! And I can use my grids that have too big of squares, so no waste. Thanks for the great idea!

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I made one of these today (a little bit bigger, I used two grids, and used ties to keep it in place) and my boys nip at each other to be the only one in it. So now I have to make another one. They don't even go in the Pigloo now, smh. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Jewel G. Pig

Cavy Slave
Another is a towel tent
My beanie LOVES hers
2012-08-11-19.28.45.jpg

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
I've done the towel tent thing and the grid thing. Sometimes I don't even put anything over the grid and sometimes I drape a small towel over it.Another way to do it is to flip the bent grid so that it's standing on one edge and then binder clip it to the coroplast and to clean under it it just flips up so I secure it to the side of the cage with another binder clip sweep out the droppings and then let fall back down piece o cake.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.