Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Additions Emily and Jenny

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
Hello my name is Cassandra but you can call me Cassie for short. I just wanted to introduce myself and my new family members to the group Jenny is white and gray and Emily is a chocolate color.

Jenny.jpgEmily.jpg

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum Cassie! The piggies look adorable! I especially love Jenny's colors and markings. Have you looked into c&c cages? Piggies love them and they are oh so spacious.
Hope you enjoy everything. :)

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I'm not sure what C&C cages are I'm new to the Guinea Pig adventure :) I have been looking around online about Guinea pigs and the noises they make, things they like different styles of cages things like that. I especially liked the cages that have two or three levels for playing and different toys to get them but unfortunately I have to wait until I get my taxes back to get the new cage.

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
If you look in the photo gallery it is filled with C&C's. C&C stands for cubes and coroplast. You make them yourself and they are so much cheaper than any pet store cage. Plus you get to choose the size you want and customize them. :) Cages with multiple levels might not be a good idea because of their weak backs although one level won't hurt them, especially with a nice ramp. You can learn everything here. :)

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
Yeah I think your right I was taking a closer look and I think the cages I was looking at are more for rats or chincillas, the smaller type animals. I did take a look at the C&C cages as well and they do look nice I will have to decide which one I like best so many choices lol, for now though what type of things can I use as chewing toys? Also do you know about nail trimming? Will the piggies let me do it or will I have to take them to a professional?

Pigluv

Cavy Slave
You can find un flavored wood chews at practically any petstore or online which is an easy, safe one. My girls' favorite is these Loofa type chews from petco, they come in a pack of three. As for nail trimming, it can be done at home with either small pet (or small dog) nail clippers or large human clippers. Avoid the quik, which is the red part in the nail. Most pigs aren't very happy to get their nails clipped but if you start at a young age or when you first get them they will get use to it and become more relaxed with it.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are absolutely beautiful!

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
You can find un flavored wood chews at practically any petstore or online which is an easy, safe one. My girls' favorite is these Loofa type chews from petco, they come in a pack of three. As for nail trimming, it can be done at home with either small pet (or small dog) nail clippers or large human clippers. Avoid the quik, which is the red part in the nail. Most pigs aren't very happy to get their nails clipped but if you start at a young age or when you first get them they will get use to it and become more relaxed with it.

Thanks you have been very helpful I appreciate it and I'm sure I will have many other questions as I venture out into my newfound piggiehood lol

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
Thank you Lindsey!!

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Your piggies are so adorable! Welcome to the forum!

EmilYnJennY

Cavy Slave
Thank you!! I'm happy to meet you all!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.