Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cavy genetics

Ripples

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have been looking for good sites which provide cavy color and breed in genetic terms. Anyone have any ideas on any good websites.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Why? Your profile says Cavy Seeker. I'm curious.

Ripples

Cavy Slave
huh...it is just a name!!..

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
are you sure you won't be breeding any guinea pig? Because if you are we are total ANTI-BREEDERS also I would hope you wouldn't consider going to a breeder for a certain breed.. would you?

Access

Cavy Slave
Seriously not much is known, most here choose to associate with their cavy more on a personal level rather than breed or genetics. Unlike dogs, most cavy breeds are purely cosmetic and have no actual bearing or ability, temperment, or personality. If you spend the time to research it, you'll find all breeds are pretty much the same and you will be better off judging if a pig is the right one for you (as a pet of course) by the personality rather than genetics or breed.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
I'm interested in genetics, too(Not breeding, genetics are just neat!) but there's hardly anything on it. I think there's a book with some info on it, I'll check it out when I go to the library.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
This is the best page I've seen: (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.