Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello From Me and my Pigges

Rivet

Cavy Slave
Hello All,

We wanted our children to experience having a pet, so just over a week ago we brought home 2 male guinea pigs (Peek-a-Boo & Bandit), but not exactly at the same time. Our friends lost their guinea pig and gave us their cage. We went to the pet store and picked out a brown guinea pig. My wife felt bad about leaving his cagemate there, so we went back two days later and brought him home too. Since the cage was too small, I built a 2x4 C&C cage. Now we have two happy guinea pigs running around their new cage.
2012-11-12 12.54.40.jpg

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! I just love the names that you picked out.. I'm sure that you and your kids will love the piggies.. How old are you kids?

Rivet

Cavy Slave
Thanks!

Our kids are 7, 5, 3 and 1, but my wife would say that the guinea pigs are mostly for me! :)

We have been slow to pick them up too much as we want them to get use to all of the noise in our house. They are starting to come over and sniff me while I sweep up the cage. Bandit even sat in dustpan this morning. They are still trying to show their dominance between each other, hopefully that will lessen soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.