Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Rice Milk!

Angelpig

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to mention that I bought rice milk for the first time the other day. It's the best! I was worried that I wouldn't like it, but it's sweet and tastes really good!

I have been a vegetarian for awhile, and I eat eggs, they are from hens that are pets of my in-law's so I know exactly where they live, they are pets, as we live out in the country. Never would buy storebought eggs! I bought milk from a local farm with no antiobiotics, hormones, etc and cows treated with dignity and they get to graze, but I really still didn't like consuming it. Cow's milk seems strange to me, so I am really happy to have found this milk subsitute. I wish I had found it sooner.

elspeth

Cavy Slave
I love rice milk too! Soya can be really sickly sweet sometimes. I don't whether you can get it over where you are but I've also tried oat milk...although when you eat it with porridge it just tastes like a whole load of oats (which technically it is!!!)

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Hmm, I don't like rice milk, too watery. I muck perfer soy. My mom is also obsessive over protein, and rice milk hardly has any, so she would get mad if I started drinking rice milk.

Angelpig

Cavy Slave
I've heard there is almond milk too, I would love to try it!

I used to have skim milk, so I'm a little use to the wateriness, but you're right, it's a bit thin. I see what you mean about the protein too, but hopefully I'm getting enough through the occasional eggs I eat from the pet chickens, and I have plenty of fake meats. When I was using milk anyway, I wasn't using much.

You know when you hear about how people aren't meant to drink milk, we're the only species who drinks another species, and drinks it after infancy, and we are all lactose intolerant to a degree. It's true, because my mother said after I left infancy and got off of the baby bottle, that I hated milk and wanted nothing to do with it, all of a sudden. My preschool I went to when I was 3, used to try to force me to drink cow's milk, and wouldn't let me go out for playtime until I did. I used to try sneaking it into the garbage and everything. I finally forced myself to try and down the milk, so I could play and I vomited on the floor. Guess we should listen to the instincts of children sometimes!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.