PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast Alternatives Need Something Temporarily

Glorylocks
11-10-12, 07:51 pm
So I should be bringing my piggies home sometime next week! =) My problem is that I don't have any coroplast. I have my grids all ready. I built a 2x3 but realized I have enough in one box for a 2x4 with a roof so I'm planning on expanding it tomorrow. Do you know of anything that I can temporarily put down under the cage instead of coroplast until I can get some? I already have some fleece and plan on purchasing cage accessories soon..thanks so much! =)

pinky
11-10-12, 08:01 pm
So I should be bringing my piggies home sometime next week! =) My problem is that I don't have any coroplast. I have my grids all ready. I built a 2x3 but realized I have enough in one box for a 2x4 with a roof so I'm planning on expanding it tomorrow. Do you know of anything that I can temporarily put down under the cage instead of coroplast until I can get some? I already have some fleece and plan on purchasing cage accessories soon..thanks so much! =)

Go to the dollar store and buy a shower curtain. It'll work fine until you get your coroplast. Some people use shower curtains instead of coroplast.

boofp
11-10-12, 08:32 pm
yup shower curtain, or a tarp. If you can I would do a 2x5 the cage gets a bit small when you put all the stuff in a 2x4.

Glorylocks
11-10-12, 08:34 pm
Thanks so much! Should I put anything between the fleece and the shower curtain to help absorb any urine?

pinky
11-10-12, 08:57 pm
Use towels. If you have a uhaul store, you might want to buy some recycled denim uhaul pads. They're 100% cotton but a lot more lightweight than towels. They're also very inexpensive... $7.99 and will be more than enough.

MrWhistles
11-10-12, 10:25 pm
There are a few Sabics located in Ohio. SABIC Polymershapes, Branch Locator (http://www.sabicpolymershapes.com/polyshapes/PShapes/branchlocator/branchus.jsp)

I paid $15 for one 4ft x 8ft sheet.