Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Craigslist

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So very soon I should be able to start collecting things for my C&C cage! I know someone on here mentioned something about looking for grids on craigslist, but I was wondering what they would be called exactly because not only looking on craigslist but other sotres I've kind of been at a loss for what to call them.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
NIC cubes is a good one to search for. Just make sure they have 9x9 sqaures.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
I usually searched for wire grid or wire shelving. They are often called different things so i would use different combinations of search terms. I think the ones I found on Craigs list were under wire grid. She ended up selling me like 45 multi color grids for $15 I think. It was a great deal. Keep searching different things until you find them. I also found a good deal at Sears. They were advertised for 19.97 or something per any online and said my local store had five boxes left. I couldn't find them so I asked for help. Turns out they were in the back because they were on clearance for 9.97 a box! I bought every box they had knowing I would never find them cheaper lol

Good luck! Cage building is addictive!

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! I know it will be. I'm only 14 and times are hard so all Christmas/birthday money will be going towards a new cage and I cannot waittt.

I usually searched for wire grid or wire shelving. They are often called different things so i would use different combinations of search terms. I think the ones I found on Craigs list were under wire grid. She ended up selling me like 45 multi color grids for $15 I think. It was a great deal. Keep searching different things until you find them. I also found a good deal at Sears. They were advertised for 19.97 or something per any online and said my local store had five boxes left. I couldn't find them so I asked for help. Turns out they were in the back because they were on clearance for 9.97 a box! I bought every box they had knowing I would never find them cheaper lol

Good luck! Cage building is addictive!

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! I know it will be. I'm only 14 and times are hard so all Christmas/birthday money will be going towards a new cage and I cannot waittt.

Great to see you selflessly giving to your pigs. They will reward you with unconditional love and admiration. Can't beat that as a gift :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
Don't worry, I know cx that's not even required as long as their happy! My mom and dad always get frustrated with my because I get any amount of money at all and it goes right to Petsupermarket haha

Great to see you selflessly giving to your pigs. They will reward you with unconditional love and admiration. Can't beat that as a gift :)

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Don't worry, I know cx that's not even required as long as their happy! My mom and dad always get frustrated with my because I get any amount of money at all and it goes right to Petsupermarket haha

Your parents should be proud your not selfish. As a parent myself, I would love to see it :)

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
I'm duelly enrolled right now at a community college hoping to get a head start on getting my master's degree in zoology, so they understand that it's more than just a phase and most of the time they are, but thanks :)

Your parents should be proud your not selfish. As a parent myself, I would love to see it :)

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.