Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Home hideys?

Silver_mist

Cavy Slave
Any simple ideas for homemade hidey houses?

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
1) sew something
2) cardboard boxes
3) paper bags
4) bent grid

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
The plastic ice cream tubs work really well. I have used them as temporary hidey houses many times. If you look through my albums in my profile page you should see them in a few of my pics. Also Coroplast houses work out nicely.

PiggyDaddy25

Cavy Slave
Towel draped over a corner is the simplest I can think of. Any cardboard box that would fit the cage is a sure hit (12 pack soda box, cereal box, ice cream box, small package box...). Bent grid with fabric draped over (if you have any excess grids that is). Large salad bowls turned upside down with a hole cut and filed for entrance. Just to give you a start. Best of luck and would love to see what you come up with ;-)

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
There really is no need to buy much at a pet store. I either buy from farm supply stores or scour the "dollar" stores for items that can be converted into cage items.

Nice to know I am not alone, I do this constantly not only at the dollar store. My cavies have got me very well trained. It is like I now have an OCD to search out things for them. We are going to the dentist today and the first thing I mentioned to my wife this morning was if we were heading that direction I want to stop and get a new water bottle for them.:p

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
Fleece forests. They don't take up running space since the pigs can run right through them :) +

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.