Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Arthur & Darwin

drokka

Cavy Slave
Hiya,

I recently acquired these three year old cavies from the local Humane Society (I didn't even know they had small pets there). Friends of mine in Germany have pigs and I loved them when I visited a few years ago. I'm between degrees and decided that I now have time to devote to pets and fell in love with these two charmers. Arthur (the Abyssinian) loves the camera, Darwin...not so much...maybe it's that everyone thinks it's red-eye, but nope, it's his real eye-colour. They'd been rescued from a hoarder home, so are pretty skittish, but are adapting. My mum (a seamstress) was so sweet, she made them fleece bedding. My father is building them a ramp for a loft.
I'm still figuring out what they like to eat. They made me believe they don't like peppers and tomatoes, but when I'm not looking they gobble them up. They're mad for dandelion, raddichio (I never know how to spell that) and yam/sweet potato and are great with most of other leafy veg. Arthur popcorns at random moments, and Darwin is an ace wheek-er. lol

(You wouldn't know that I'd just pooper-scoopered the joint.... ha!)

DSCN1430.jpg

ssssarah

Cavy Slave
cuties :) i love the name "darwin" and arthur's hair/coloring is gorgeous ❤️

the rescue where i got my pigs said most guinea pigs arent crazy about peppers at first but will usually start to like them, but i don't really feed them to mine since they don't seem that interested in them either. are you gutting the tomatoes? mine will only eat cherry tomatoes cut in half and completely gutted. picky piggies.

just a sidenote, if you havent already, you should check out the cavy nutrition chart in the diet & nutrition section of this forum. it's SUPER helpful. :)

bubblepig

Cavy Slave
So cute.Darwin looks like my female Guinea Pig Maple. :) They are both adorable,Maple's eyes show red on camera,but they aren't red.

Lisa21264

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Your boys are very handsome!

Ivory Princess

Cavy Slave
Aww they are cute! They look like they are really enjoying their hay :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.