Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Here's Patrick!

KristiR

Cavy Slave
Patrick 2nd Day.jpgPatrick and new Pigloo.jpgPatrick and Popcorn Fleece Bed.jpg
So I finally figured out how to upload photos to this forum. Here's Patrick my 2 year old Guinea Pig. He is the sweetest guy. He's getting better about being held, but not too much. He likes floor time much better. He still won't eat any green, red or yellow peppers but he loves his green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, and parsley too. For fruit, he prefers banana and strawberries and blueberries too. I am thinking about getting another male pig to become Patrick's friend. Our local humane society does get guinea pigs once in awhile. I am mostly afraid of introductions. I did read about it on the C&C website but it still just freaks me out but the worst thing that could happen is that they just end up in two separate cages right?

Oh and I switched to fleece bedding because he does seem to urinate a lot and after 4 days it was starting to smell a bit and I was going through Carefresh like water. So now I use the fleece and I wash it and switch it out after 4 days and it works quite well. I bought a little broom and pan to sweep the poops and hay up every day.

All in all, I am really enjoying this little guy. A lot of my friends and people at work kind of laugh at me cause I'm 32 and they think of pigs as a kid's pet, but they're really not any different than a dog or cat. :) They need the same care and socialization as any companion animal.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Awww, what a sweet little guy! I hope you can find a boar buddy for him. It's so much fun to watch two pigs interact. As long as your cage is large enough, you'll hopefully be able to keep two together.

pinky

Cavy Slave
View attachment 35838View attachment 35839View attachment 35840
So I finally figured out how to upload photos to this forum. Here's Patrick my 2 year old Guinea Pig. He is the sweetest guy. He's getting better about being held, but not too much. He likes floor time much better. He still won't eat any green, red or yellow peppers but he loves his green leaf lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, and parsley too. For fruit, he prefers banana and strawberries and blueberries too. I am thinking about getting another male pig to become Patrick's friend. Our local humane society does get guinea pigs once in awhile. I am mostly afraid of introductions. I did read about it on the C&C website but it still just freaks me out but the worst thing that could happen is that they just end up in two separate cages right?

Oh and I switched to fleece bedding because he does seem to urinate a lot and after 4 days it was starting to smell a bit and I was going through Carefresh like water. So now I use the fleece and I wash it and switch it out after 4 days and it works quite well. I bought a little broom and pan to sweep the poops and hay up every day.

All in all, I am really enjoying this little guy. A lot of my friends and people at work kind of laugh at me cause I'm 32 and they think of pigs as a kid's pet, but they're really not any different than a dog or cat. :) They need the same care and socialization as any companion animal.

I LOVE your little popcorn hidey!

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Agreed ! The hidie is adorable and so is patrick ! Pigs are always cute.

A buddy is always great.

For the peppers, have you tried dicing them up very finely and mixing them in with pellets?

drokka

Cavy Slave
Mine made me believe they didn't like peppers either, but I through them between the different leafy greens and they eat them all up now. I suspect they were testing me more than the other way around.

KristiR

Cavy Slave
Hey! As far as the peppers go I have tried dicing it real tiny and adding it with the pellets and mixing it with lettuce but he picks around it! I will continue trying. I wish he'd eat them. I love slicing peppers and eating them and it'd be nice to have someone help me eat them up. Haha

Ivory Princess

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness he is so handsome :), I love you popcorn hidey also..too cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.