Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Round 2 /probiotic

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Awhile ago I posted about one of my pigs being on anti-biotics & all was well and fine she cleared up at the end of her 2 weeks however I wasn't given anything for her cage mate because she had no signs and by the time daphne was showing signs it was already to late to separate them so my vet just said watch them both. Lone behold Vegas was also sick, getting daphne sick again so now they are BOTH on antibiotics(thankfully the vet didn't make me bring them both back in because they had recently seen daphne & knew she had a cage mate). Any how I bought a pro biotic because poop soup for 2 is a bit much they already hate me&that syringe,my question is how do I know if its dairy free ?because none on the shelf said "dairy-free"

It contains: more than 3 billion of total viable cells per capsule of lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium longum and B.bifidum

other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose,magnesium sterate, and silicon dioxide(I assume that's the capsule)

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
Anyone? I'd like to start giving it to them since they got their 1st dose of antibiotics Tuesday night

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
What's the brand name?
I use Bene-bac for my rodents. But do you know the brand name of yours?

kltohlman

Cavy Slave
What's the brand name?
I use Bene-bac for my rodents. But do you know the brand name of yours?

Its just the meijers brand because GL said I could use an OTC human probiotic

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry. I can't tell you if it's good or bad for them. The probiotics that I've used/found don't have those ingredients. Hopefully someone can come along and give you better answer!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.