Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Craigslist.org

Skyenoir

Cavy Slave
I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this in, but what does anyone think about finding a guinea pig to adopt on Craigslist? I mean, how can I be sure someone is not a breeder? If I ask they could be lying. There is a listing in San Jose but I don't know if I trust it. There was a listing in San Jose from the day before for someone looking for a free guinea pig, and then the next day, and for 3-4 days after, there is a listing in San Jose of someone trying to adopt out a piggie for $15. It could be the same person trying to make some money! What do you think? A safe place to get a pet from, or should I really get go the shelter/rescue route first? I am still mulling things over in my head...

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Always go with the shelter/rescue first. Then look into classifieds.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
A lot of the people on there are backyard breeders, occasionally it is a person who has to give up their pig.

Skyenoir

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I think I am going to go to a shelter or try to get the GP at my son's school. I don't trust people on CL, I have met a lot of flakes there, which means there are probably a bunch of liars on there, too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.