Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C What size C&C cage for two pigs?

MissCarley

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have two pigs that desperately need a bigger home. Stampy is 2 years old and HUGE and Baxter is only about 3 months old. Stampy is overweight due to not having enough room to run around, and since we just bought our own home we can finally put them in a cage big enough for them to exercise.

What size would be sufficient for two piggies? Also, what are good ways to configure the cage? I've seen cages with lots of little bins with shavings in them. What are those bins for? What is a "kitchen" area?

I'm planning on ordering a cage from the C&C Cages Store and putting fleece in it. I'm just wondering how to configure the cage with the food and hay placement.

Thanks guys!

Chipotle123

Cavy Slave
A 2X4 in grids. 10.5 in square feet

pinky

Cavy Slave
I have four pairs and each pair is in a 2x4. If you have a dominant one, you might need a larger cage. 2x4s work fine for mine, though.

MissCarley

Cavy Slave
I have four pairs and each pair is in a 2x4. If you have a dominant one, you might need a larger cage. 2x4s work fine for mine, though.

Thank you for that information! They seem to get along without scuffling in the small cage, so I'm sure they would be happy with a 2x4.

Do you keep your feeding area separate? I've seen pictures where some owners have the food and hay in a plastic bin. Is this done just to help keep the cage a little tidier?

pinky

Cavy Slave
Thank you for that information! They seem to get along without scuffling in the small cage, so I'm sure they would be happy with a 2x4.

Do you keep your feeding area separate? I've seen pictures where some owners have the food and hay in a plastic bin. Is this done just to help keep the cage a little tidier?

I have a corner litter pan in each cage that I put their hay in. It does keep the hay tidier, although a couple of them like to sit in there. But, that's okay because I can tell they love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.