Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Yikes...

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I watched a movie that was suggested in another post, and it is such a sad movie... I couldn't even look at the meat served today at dinner. I had a salad instead.... thanks, I think I'll stop eating all meat from my pretty much meat less diet now. I never really liked the taste of 'steak' or 'hambergers' or 'pork chop', now I really can't believe people know about this, and they arn't do anything about. It's the animals suffering now untill this is stopped, and then humans suffering from what they put into the animals. Thanks again this was a good inspiration. :)
I'm going to spend some more time reading into this thread. Before I ask questions.
Thanks Again!

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
I recently just watched that video also, and it made me sick. I cant stop thinking about it, and I'm actually glad. I stopped eating all red meat, pork, turkey, fish, pretty much all meats except chicken about a year ago. I am going to stop eating chicken as soon as I can find alternate foods that I can eat at dinner time, since my whole family eats meat. It makes me so sick that those animals are sitting there suffering day in and day out while we are taking away their lives, literally.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I refuse to eat fish, because thats just nasty, the conditions they live in... makes me gag thinking about it. I usually only eat chicken, but like you my whole family are meat eaters, except me for the most part. I rarly get chicken, no one else likes it.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Chickens are one of the most abused animals on the planet. If you must eat poultry, might I suggest turkey? They tend to be treated better because the demand for turkey isn't as great as the demand for chicken.

Since you are in Ontario I would suggest trying to find Belwood turkeys. They aren't treated as bad. The plant is close to the farm (and all owned by the same company) so they don't have to endure a horribly long ride. They also stun the turkeys before slaughtering them.

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
There are lots of alternatives to eating meat. They make all kinds of meatless products made from soy, wheat, ect... On the market today. Plus, your local library will have books on vegitarian eating. :)
charliesangel88 said:
I recently just watched that video also, and it made me sick. I cant stop thinking about it, and I'm actually glad. I stopped eating all red meat, pork, turkey, fish, pretty much all meats except chicken about a year ago. I am going to stop eating chicken as soon as I can find alternate foods that I can eat at dinner time, since my whole family eats meat. It makes me so sick that those animals are sitting there suffering day in and day out while we are taking away their lives, literally.

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
I'm not a turkey fan, but also don't consume much chicken as I said I'm the only one that really eats it, cause my parents think I starve myself of meat, I have it once maybe in 3 weeks...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.