PDA

View Full Version : Fleece Fleece is AMAZING! :DDD

porkchophamster
09-30-12, 01:56 pm
I can't believe that this fleece thing actually works! I know it's only been 2 days since I switched but there is no smell whatsoever! Also, my piggies have never been the popcorning or lap-running kind but I caught Hamster running laps yesterday. It was hilarious! She kept running through or around the tube, into her corner fleece forest and back to the other side. Pork Chop is very interested in the fleece and seem to love the fleece forest as well.
The best thing about it though is that they have mostly pooped up in their hay/pellet loft :D I have swept their poops but I have seen less than 15 since Friday night :)
I hope it stays stink-free until Friday.

The only downside so far is that the Aspen bedding from their loft falls down the ramp and sticks to the fleece. I think I can deal with that though. :)

Kota12
09-30-12, 02:49 pm
Glad you've turned to the fleece side. ;) I usually switch my fleece 3 times a week and change it on Saturdays, Except when I have a theme going on. Sounds like your pigs LOVED it. :D

porkchophamster
09-30-12, 04:29 pm
I will change it when it stinks unless it is over a week. I have extra u-haul pads under their fleece forest and tunnel since guinea pigs usually pee/poop in darker areas.
I'm so flippin excited :D I went to Joann and bought 2 more patterns. One is just plain purple but the other is pink plaid. My fiance is going to kill me for the girly colors since it's his apartment lol that's ok though.....as long as he doesn't have to deal with it I don't think he'll mind too much :)

porkchophamster
10-03-12, 04:53 pm
I am at day 5 and I can't smell any guinea pig smells! Woohoo! I haven't even needed to change out the smaller pads under their potty areas! I did give them fresh Aspen bedding in their loft yesterday since that is where they do most of their business. I can't believe it's taken me this long to try fleece! I will NEVER go back!!

Sorcha
10-03-12, 05:26 pm
I really like fleece now that I've switched over to it. I have a bit of issue with smell, but it's not too bad. After they get moved into their 2X5 cage I don't think I'll have any issues. They popcorn all over the place in their cage and run laps. They got got pretty upset when they had to use bedding for a week (they squeaked at me for about an hour after they went back in the cage). They didn't popcorn as much either.
I go pick up the grids tomorrow (I had to order them).