Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Finally got them all together!!!!

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
So, it's taken me a couple of months to get the coroplast and to get all my sows into one cage. :D I have had them in two separate cages for far too long. My order for the coroplast came into the sign store and they held it for me for almost a month while I scramble to come up with the cash to pay for it. Bless them. Got the girls in a 3x5 C&C cage and then I finished the boys 3x3 as well. No more shower curtains! Which is awesome, because they are messy as heck and really hard to clean! Finally got it all done. I'm planning to get an additional sheet when I can afford it and build a second level for each cage.

The first picture is the girls 3x5. 0925121052.jpg0925121053a.jpgThe second with the camo fleece is the boys 3x3.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
The new cages look awesome!!!!!!!!! Great job. I'm so glad you finally have all the girls in one cage and your boys in their own cage. I hope you will be able to build them each a second level/loft soon. They will probably love it.

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
Thanks. :) The boys have been in their own cage for quite a while, but it was lined with a shower curtain and was a complete pain to clean. They also had a great time burrowing under the fleece and making way more mess than they should have been able to. Little brats. :) But now, they have the coroplast bottom and I used binder clips to secure the fleece, so no more burrowing!!! Yay for less messy piggies!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Lol aren't they all brats sometimes? My 2 boys do the exact same thing. I started to just leave it alone instead of fixing it 100 times a day Lol. I going to go back to c&c cages so I can binder clip down the fleece too cause with the wooden cage, I cant do that. But I love how your cages came out. They look great.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Looks great! I love the fleece :)
Haha, I have been lucky with my piggie as he rarely noses under the fleece!

Owned by cavy

Cavy Slave
My fleece was hooked up to the tops of the grids because I had nothing to tuck it under. They would get in between the fleece and the grids and poo all over the towels. Less than awesome. I couldn't blame them, because they sure looked like they were having fun, but it made cleaning a complete pain in the butt. I'm really glad that everything is so much easier to clean now. I have a hand vacuum that I use to clean to cages daily and it's much easier now that they are clipped down. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.