Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sneezing Do guinea pigs noses make sounds at all?

Fern_sweets

Cavy Slave
Like when breathing,she had URI last month she was on Bactrim and then Baytril for 2 weeks. Some one told me it could be Pneumonia?? :( noticed right in the middle of her nose there was some sort of light crust looking stuff.. nothing on the inside of her paws or around her nostrils..I thought might be from eating wet veggies and drinking water,dust from her pellets? I will call the vet tomorrow morning.Its coming from her nose,not her lungs..I'm really confused,she had it even when she had URI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fern_sweets

Cavy Slave
she's going back in..I'm afraid it might be pneumonia now..she's doing a clicky sound in her nose or chest,not eating much,puff sounds and coughing..

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Good luck. Keep us posted. Poor girl!

Fern_sweets

Cavy Slave
She went back in..she didn't make the sound at all!but since she sneezed and stuff..she's back on Baytril for 2 weeks..might be just how her little nose works and I might be a little crazed feeling and stressed out about her..but I will see how this week goes...*sigh* they sure do worry us :/

Fern_sweets

Cavy Slave
I no longer think its URI...it's been 5 days of Baytril,no change in her strange breathing sound from her nose,it'll come and go,it will be loud and other times quiet..still pooping/peeing,eating pellets,eats all of veggies,eats hay and drinks water,still pop corning and talking..I'm going to finish the Baytril off,but still frustrating..it sounds awful, but no goopy eyes or nose and no sneezing more than a guinea pig should.

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
I no longer think its URI...it's been 5 days of Baytril,no change in her strange breathing sound from her nose,it'll come and go,it will be loud and other times quiet..still pooping/peeing,eating pellets,eats all of veggies,eats hay and drinks water,still pop corning and talking..I'm going to finish the Baytril off,but still frustrating..it sounds awful, but no goopy eyes or nose and no sneezing more than a guinea pig should.

I know this post is from a while back but I am going through a similar situation with my Bernie right now. Did the Baytril end up helping or did you find out it was something else? Also, how is your piggy now?

Fern_sweets

Cavy Slave
It's now Jan,still making the sound,she's perfectly healthy.She was on Baytril for really no reason..but if you are worried,bring him in.To be safe:) good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.