Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick aggitated??

leopardjunkie

Cavy Slave
Ok So lilly was Doing so much better after her treatment for mites. She went from being really crabby and not happy when petted and ninja kicking to really calm sweet and docile. In the last few days almost a week after the 3rd ivermectin treatment she is really aggitated again?

She is just really aggitated and jumpy when touched again, And just seems uncomfortable. She is eat and drinking and pooping fine weight is fine. Just really sensitive and crabby when touched. even under her chin any thoughts?

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Is Lilly your only pig? If she is not did you treat your whole herd? Even when in separate cages it is better to treat all of your pigs I think. That is the only thing I can think of, unless her crabby mood is only for a day or so, then she maybe in heat?

leopardjunkie

Cavy Slave
I treated the two fosters that came in I gave them their first treatment when she got her 3rd cause that is when we got them, and they are seperate but in the same room. So Yes maybe she is in heat...we will see how she does how long does the heat cycle last and how often...I will take note and see so I am not so freaked out! HA

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.