Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet Bumblefoot and weight

kirt15

Cavy Slave
Hey guys;

so both my boys have bumblefoot we have taken them to the Vet and they are on their second round of antibiotics and painkillers. They have lesions on the bottom of their feet that the Vet said that if they don't get better in about 10 -14 days they may have to sedate them and debreed the dead skin. I of course do not want my boys to go through that if possible so I was wondering if I soaked their feet everyday in a little bit of diluted betadine if this may help them heal faster and a bit better? The vet also said they are over weight which could be causing the bumblefoot so Jellybean (1.3 kgs or 1300 gms) and Rodney (1.1 kgs or 1100gms) have been on a diet for 2 weeks and we have cutback their food and they managed to put on a little bit of weight which I totally don't get so does anyone have some good ideas for food they can eat that will keep them full but help with their weight?

Any ideas and help would be great thanks!

Kirsten

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I don't have any ideas, but I just wanted to tell you that your guinea pigs are not under weight, they are a good weight.
I wouldn't stop giving them some of their food, their weight is nothing to worry about at all right now. It's fine. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.