Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C C&C comin' right up piggie 3×4

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave
I'm getting a C&C cage today!!
it will be a 3×4 with loft of 3 grids
what can I use instead of coroplast that's not a shower curtain?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
You can use Linoleum.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Why not a shower curtain? If you're looking for stability try making a box with cardboard. A thicker cardboard, like the stuff used for packing boxes. I would just cut all the pieces to size and hot glue then tape them together. KEY POINT, you must line it with something water proof. So either clip on a shower curtain, or a tarp, or some sort of waterproof membrane to keep the pee away from the cardboard. It has to go up the sides and everything,. Then put in your bedding.

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave
@ madelineelaine my dad doesn't want to use a shower curtain

GizmosMommy

Cavy Slave
I took a hug box my kids wagon came in and cut it and taped it and lined it with water proof table clothes. Took me so long to get the grids I just used what I had at home for the rest and it is working out nicely.

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Is it gonna be on the floor or elevated. When I had my temp one on the floor I lined it out with garbage bags then absorbent layer then a large piece of fleece bigger than the cage and clip the fleece to the outside of the cage. I swept the inside of the cage but used a hand vac to get around the edges. Then on full change day take the grid part off, roll up the bedding and replace. You can either wipe down the garbage bags or just chuck them out and replace them. Of course this only works if you have a solid base and you have to have to be absolutely sure your pigs can't get to the plastic.

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave
how many people does it take to build the cage?

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
A few people have mentioned to me that they try to steer away from 3x_ cages because they are harder to clean, buy liners for etc. Curious to hear other's thoughts on this. I have TONS of grids and am still playing around with set up. Wonder if a 2x _ longer cage is better than a 3x_ shorter but wider cage. Thoughts?

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
It's a 2×3

Oh. I thought first post said 3x4. Just looking for opinions because the first set up I had made was a 3x6 with a 2x3 loft. I don't have piggies in it yet so reality of catching pigs and cleaning has not set in. Considering changing it back into a 2x6 or something. Just having trouble deciding on final layout and running out of time before the piggies arrive lol

LeePetVet

Cavy Slave
Oh. I thought first post said 3x4. Just looking for opinions because the first set up I had made was a 3x6 with a 2x3 loft. I don't have piggies in it yet so reality of catching pigs and cleaning has not set in. Considering changing it back into a 2x6 or something. Just having trouble deciding on final layout and running out of time before the piggies arrive lol
I know my dad and I changed it while building.

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
Lol. I have changed mine a million times and taken it completely apart and started over many times to. So hard to decide :D

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I use shower curtains for floor time. I velcroed two together and I lay fleece blankets down and it's wonderful.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.