Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello, My name is Diana and I have Second Chance Cavy Rescue

toylady

Cavy Slave
I raised cavies as a child and recently started helping people by rescueing unwanted cavies. I am learning alot and have 13 cavies at the present time.
I would like info on working with males to create compatible groups so I do not have to separate my males. I have found there are some males that just will not co-exist peaceably with certain other males. I would like to provide my adopters with a "cage kit" so that they will have the proper cage for their adopted cavy- anybody have a resource for this? I live in San Antonio, TX and would like to get then locally if possible.
Thanks!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome, I can not help with the kits but can point you to read Guinea Pigs Social Life . It helps teach people how to introduce guinea pigs and such. Maybe it will help you.

toylady

Cavy Slave
Thanks- I am finding that all pigs are different, I have had 2 females that fought as well as dominent males that cannot resolve issues. I guess I have to just go through the process of trying them as I have 7 adult males right now that I would like to set up in multiples in bigger cages.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.