Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member!

Jordannoelle

Cavy Slave
Hey all,

My name is Jordan and i just happened to came across this forum and knew i had to join!

I am still trying to figure this whole thing out but for now i thought i would just introduce myself and my guineas :)
About 2 weeks ago i got my first sow guinea pig, Winnie. She is in a 2x3 C&C cage. I call her my "guinea cow" because she is black and white like a cow.

She was lonely and i felt bad that she didn't have company during the day while i was away at school so just today i got her a companion.
Olive, is her name. She is currently in a temporary pet store cage for a little while just to make sure she isn't sick before i get her around Winnie. Once i they get used to eachother and i can feel confident that they get along, they will both be in the C&C cage which i will upgrage to a 2x4, hopefully also with a 2x1 loft.

I am so happy i found somewhere that i can talk to other people if i ever need any help or if i just need to read up on some things!
Feel free to ask me any questions or give any suggestions, all will be greatly appreciated! :)
I don't know if the pictures will work or not but i'll try.

Here is Winnie :)
IMAG0696.jpg

Here is Olive :)
IMAG0694.jpg

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! Your piggies are lovely! :)

aemsva

Cavy Slave
I love their names, and beautiful piggies too! Welcome to the forum :) Hope you learn lots of new things here, I know I did!

mimi1967

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I am new, too. I love having a place with answers that are given by people who really care about GPs. Who knew I would be head over heels for my piggies, and I'm 44. Seems kind of silly, huh? Yours are adorable!

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad that Winnie will soon have a friend! It'll make her SO happy!!!!

If you have any questions, we are always happy to help with anything you might need!

Jordannoelle

Cavy Slave
Thank you all!

I am very excited to be on here and it is really comforting too. I have already had to read up on bathing since Olive made a mess on herself in the process of me bringing her home.

It has been very fun/cute figuring out their different personalities and quirks. Winnie will coo when my brother whistles at her and it is so adorable! They are just very enjoyable animals.

@mimi1967 it does not seem silly at all! I admire how invested you are to your animals. I'm just 16 but i can assure you i'll have plenty of animals, including GPs, when i'm 44!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Olive is just a baby! Welcome. I have 3 pigs...Flora, Fenella, and Philomena.

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are such cuties!! Welcome to the forum hope you have fun here, I am pretty new here too and I like this forum a lot, very helpful people who care very much for guinea pigs!

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
Welcome to GPC I hope you will ask and find out as much as you can! They will bring you a enormous amount of happiness!

Also, two boxes from K-mart of "Stor" (brand name) cubes was enough for me to make a stand a 2x4 and a 1x2 loft with shelves! They were on sale for 16.99 but normally run about 18.99 ea. and they are the 9 squares across(spacing between bars) and have 23 14" panels per box!

Jordannoelle

Cavy Slave
@deardulcie, what unique names! I always feel like i have trouble coming up with names like that.

@Digital_Dad, what a great deal! I'd love to see a pic for a visual refrence if possible?

Thanks everyone! I am enjoying their company so much. My mom is holding Olive and i'm holding Winnie and its so cute to hear them talk to eachother! Winnie does some occasional teeth chatter when im petting her, so i try to back off a little. Does she just not like being petted? But oher times she will purr and chirp like she likes it, i feel like im getting mixed signals!

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
go to my profile then go to my photos, you will see my C&C enclosure! and ty!

Nix16

Cavy Slave
She'll get used to you. Maybe she likes being pet in a particular spot, you'll soon find out all their little intricacies. one of my pigs really likes a scratch under the chin but isn't so keen on being picked up. Love your girls names too.

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Thanks, Jordannoelle! There is a website called "Behind the Name." It has a lot of names, and what they mean. My pigs' names had to start with an F or F sound. I have Fenella...(white shoulders), Flora...(flower), and Philomena...(Moon gazer.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.