Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hey all

littlemommagray

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I am a new momma to three guinea pigs, I'll be posting pics this weekend of our crazy cage and our new family members, bugsy perry the platapus (bugsy for short) , snickeres resses pieces( snickers for short), and channel I was told she needs a middle name by my 6 year old so I will be thinking of one lol. I'm going to post this question under food and nutrition also but maybe someone who may have suggestions will see it here. I just figured out that my 13 year old is allergic to the timothy grass hay, so I was wondering if there is another hay that might not be made of grass maybe like a wheat or something that is a good substitute and also if the the timmothy hay cubes would be ok?

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Hi. A good substitute is Orchard/blue grass hay. Oxbow makes a orchard hay available online or in some pet stores and KMS usually has blue grass (broken link removed) but is currently out and will hopefully be getting some in. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to some pigtures!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Hi all, I am a new momma to three guinea pigs, I'll be posting pics this weekend of our crazy cage and our new family members, bugsy perry the platapus (bugsy for short) , snickeres resses pieces( snickers for short), and channel I was told she needs a middle name by my 6 year old so I will be thinking of one lol. I'm going to post this question under food and nutrition also but maybe someone who may have suggestions will see it here. I just figured out that my 13 year old is allergic to the timothy grass hay, so I was wondering if there is another hay that might not be made of grass maybe like a wheat or something that is a good substitute and also if the the timmothy hay cubes would be ok?

Oxbow orchard grass is a good substitute. I have asthma and have no problems with orchard grass.

littlemommagray

Cavy Slave
Thanks you!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.